Windows 10: A question about using the advanced custom scaling option in Windows 10

Discus and support A question about using the advanced custom scaling option in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As we all know Windows 10 has scaling options and they are fixed at 100%, 125%, 150%, etc. However, there is that advanced custom scaling option that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FulciLives, Feb 24, 2020.

1. A question about using the advanced custom scaling option in Windows 10

As we all know Windows 10 has scaling options and they are fixed at 100%, 125%, 150%, etc.

However, there is that advanced custom scaling option that allows you to type in anything as long as it is between 100-500 but next to this it says "Not Recommend"

Why is that?

I'm asking because I want to use 133 as my scaling. If I understand correctly this will make everything on my 32-inch 1440p monitor appear the same size as if I was using 1080p resolution. Old habits die hard I suppose.

Is there a reason I shouldn't use 133 and should just stick to the standards like 125 or 150 instead?

And to be clear, 125 scaling on my 32-inch 1440p monitor is "good enough" for me BUT I very occasionally still feel like my eyes are straining at times and yet 150 scaling is a tad too big so that's how I came up with the idea of using 133 scaling for 1080p like size.

Hope this makes sense.

I guess my concern is ... is there some weird "math" to scaling at 133 vs 125 or 150 and why does Windows 10 give you the option of typing in any number you want (100-500) but then says, "Not Recommend"?

submitted by /u/FulciLives
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FulciLives, Feb 24, 2020
  2. jkeXZ Win User

What is"Custom scailing" in Advanced scaling settings

What is Custom scaling and how does it work? in "Advanced scaling settings" In Custom scaling it says to entre a custom scaling size between 100%-500% what does that mean?

cheers

jkeXZ, Feb 24, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Feb 24, 2020
  4. A question about using the advanced custom scaling option in Windows 10

custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

A question about using the advanced custom scaling option in Windows 10

1. A question about using the advanced custom scaling option in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - question using advanced

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options: Hi there. So I recently upgraded my os system to Windows 11 and I saw many people taking about changing the number of processors to the number to cores on the processor in advanced boot option. And some advised against it. So I was wondering should I change it to the number...
  5. Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Number of Processors in Advanced Boot Options: Hi there. So I recently upgraded my os system to Windows 11 and I saw many people taking about changing the number of processors to the number to cores on the processor in advanced boot option. And some advised against it. So I was wondering should I change it to the number...
  6. Question about Windows Custom Themes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Custom Themes: I have a question about custom windows 10 themes using UxThemePatcher. So I want a flat dark theme and downloaded a few I really like. Everything is perfect BUT every theme deactivate the tabs in windows explorer. The tabs on top where you can quickly change the view and...
  7. Advanced scaling question - 115% possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced scaling question - 115% possible?: Instead of 100% or 125%, I want to select something like 115% for my Dell UP3216Q. I find 100% too tiny but think I can use 115% to 118%, that seems to be just right. does that mean if I go into "Custom scaling" and enter a custom scaling size between 100%-500% (let's say...
  8. a question about quality and windows 10 scaling

a question about quality and windows 10 scaling: hello i have a 1080p tv and the i cons look small i can use them but they are very small so my question if i use windows up scaling is it going to reduce the quality of the game or the movie (vlc for movies) and thanks if anyone can help and sorry for the bad english...
  9. Question about custom resolution

Question about custom resolution: I have a laptop with native resolution at 1366x768 native. I set two custom resolutions on Nvidia panel, they are 1600x900 and 1920x1080 to have a better use of the screen space. It works good but the letters get weird/blurry. I understand that it is related with pixel...
  10. Crazy question about customizing sounds for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crazy question about customizing sounds for windows 10?: I have recently bagan Customizing my desktop a bit. And I have changed my background as well as my lock screen and also my colors for my taskbar plus I have even changed my folder icons as well as my file type icons and so far things are going acording to plan so now I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows provide scalling option in 1440p resolution

2. windows 133% scaling