Windows 10: A question about Win 10

Discus and support A question about Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep running into this thing called "Group Policy" when I am looking up a "how to do something" online. What is this "Group Policy" bit all about?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, May 3, 2019.

1. reble Win User

A question about Win 10

I keep running into this thing called "Group Policy" when I am looking up a "how to do something" online. What is this "Group Policy" bit all about?

Steve

:)

reble, May 3, 2019
  2. endeavor Win User

Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, May 3, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, May 3, 2019
  4. kajson Win User

A question about Win 10

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink A question about Win 10 ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, May 3, 2019
Thema:

A question about Win 10

1. A question about Win 10 - Similar Threads - question

2. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  3. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  4. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my laptop or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly disappointing!...
  5. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my laptop or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly disappointing!...
  6. Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is my question regarding “S Mode?”: I took the time to write a serious question regarding why I no longer have access to my computer or my apps and I dont even see the question. I guess questions are censored. Wanted to know how in one day after update I can't use my laptop? Any help on this? Truly...
  7. can someone please reply to my other question i need help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can someone please reply to my other question i need help: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-reply-to-my-other-question-i/d29d7208-7992-4e05-96f6-bee92f4e2c1f
  8. can someone please reply to my other question i need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone please reply to my other question i need help: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-please-reply-to-my-other-question-i/d29d7208-7992-4e05-96f6-bee92f4e2c1f
  9. can someone please reply to my other question i need help

10. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...: Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up there is a full page ad for MS 365 and other offers. Is there a way to stop it? I went into Chrome settings and to add site...