Windows 10: A question just in case a Senior member of my family wants to go on the Internet for the...

Discus and support A question just in case a Senior member of my family wants to go on the Internet for the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I do have a question. I am temporary living with my mother. She's never used the Internet in her life. English is her second language, and she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christinaszeman, Dec 17, 2020.

1. A question just in case a Senior member of my family wants to go on the Internet for the...

Hello,

I do have a question. I am temporary living with my mother. She's never used the Internet in her life. English is her second language, and she has never learned to write in it.

My question is that she is thinking about using my old laptop to surf the web. How do I set her up with a new username and password? What else can I do to start her up on using the Internet?

Sincerely,

Christina Szeman

:)

Christinaszeman, Dec 17, 2020

2. Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 17, 2020
  3. gamoses Win User
    broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

A question just in case a Senior member of my family wants to go on the Internet for the...

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

A question just in case a Senior member of my family wants to go on the Internet for the...

1. A question just in case a Senior member of my family wants to go on the Internet for the... - Similar Threads - question case Senior

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.: Unable to remove a child from family account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reference-case-1057333028-unable-to-remove-family/f8b92e22-6b1f-492c-98b4-c9a59f6343d4
  5. Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.: Unable to remove a child from family account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reference-case-1057333028-unable-to-remove-family/f8b92e22-6b1f-492c-98b4-c9a59f6343d4
  6. Reference Case 1057333028. Unable to remove family member from family account.

7. Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...: Hello,I added an account for my mom in the Family section as a Member instead of an Organizer. Though her birthdate is correct in her Microsoft Account, she is now listed as a child. She verified her account and she signed onto my computer with her Microsoft Account. I, then,...
  8. Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...

Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...: Hello,I added an account for my mom in the Family section as a Member instead of an Organizer. Though her birthdate is correct in her Microsoft Account, she is now listed as a child. She verified her account and she signed onto my computer with her Microsoft Account. I, then,...
  9. Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...

10. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52