Windows 10: A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting...

Discus and support A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UpgradeTheChick [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UpgradeTheChick, Jan 15, 2021.

1. A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting...

/u/UpgradeTheChick, Jan 15, 2021

2. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Jan 15, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Had a Question..it was deleted --.--

our policy is to delete only spam/inappropriate posts.

the only person who can "hard delete" posts on the forums is me .. everybody else can just soft-delete the posts, the original author will see those posts in the threads list with a comment why it was deleted.

to the poster it will look like this, without "manage"

A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting... deleted.gif

W1zzard, Jan 15, 2021
  4. A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting...

Question Mark on top of delete internet temporary site on bar

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

To delete temporary files: Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results. Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of for more information refer this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

You can also follow these steps:
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files.

Step 1:
    1.Press Windows key + R

2.Type temp and click OK

3.Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2:

1.Press Windows key + R

2.Type %temp% and click OK

3.Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 3:
    1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

2.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

3.Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click Settings.

4.In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box, click View files.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting...

1. A question of deleting copied files with ending (1) or (2). I have an issue with deleting... - Similar Threads - question deleting copied

2. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying: Hi all,Would really appreciate some help with this as it's been driving me mad for months. Basically, when I try to copy files to my microSD card, after I eject it going through the proper channels, it just seems to delete them instantly. I'm using a Sandisk SD card...
  3. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  4. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  5. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?: I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into...
  6. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?: I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into...
  7. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

8. [SOLVED] Unable to delete a folder with .ce-2. file ending./How to delete a directory...

[SOLVED] Unable to delete a folder with .ce-2. file ending./How to delete a directory...: Recently today I was using 7zip to extract a zip file titled PSXFINALDOOM.CE-2.0.1.zip, but I forgot to hit backspace enough and it ended up PSXFINALDOOM.CE-2. So I am unable to delete, force delete with admin command prompt with del /f, I cannot view the security tab in...
  9. Unable to delete a folder with .ce-2. file ending.

Unable to delete a folder with .ce-2. file ending.: Recently today I was using 7zip to extract a zip file titled PSXFINALDOOM.CE-2.0.1.zip, but I forgot to hit backspace enough and it ended up PSXFINALDOOM.CE-2. So I am unable to delete, force delete with admin command prompt with del /f, I cannot view the security tab in...
  10. I can't delete or copy any files

I can't delete or copy any files: I've been trying to copy or delete photos or files by right clicking and selecting the usual 'delete' or 'copy'. However when I select the copy or delete, my laptop freezes for a second and kicks me out of the folder and takes me back to the desktop screen. Other times all I...