Windows 10: A question on Playback devices

Discus and support A question on Playback devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Razer Kraken X Headset and I've seen that it is being recognised as a Speaker in the Sound Control Panel, I've seen people with Headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 25kU, Jun 26, 2020.

1. 25kU Win User

A question on Playback devices

I have a Razer Kraken X Headset and I've seen that it is being recognised as a Speaker in the Sound Control Panel, I've seen people with Headphones instead of Speakers in the control panel. Is this normal?

A question on Playback devices ca059866-e899-4f1f-8798-2f08927924c4?upload=true.png
    A question on Playback devices 31866620-ca03-4aaf-a049-5e88eef3a717?upload=true.png

:)

2. Question regarding Playback devices for Windows 10

We suggest that you run the hardware and device troubleshooter to identify the cause of the issue and to fix it. Please follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • On the top-right corner, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting from the list of result.
    • On the left pane, click on View all link.
    • From the list, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • The troubleshooter will now open. Follow the on-screen guide.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Janeane Cru, Jun 26, 2020
  3. spriggs Win User
    Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jun 26, 2020
  4. A question on Playback devices

Question regarding Playback devices for Windows 10

Hi Joshua,

Missing playback devices in Windows 10 might have occurred due to an outdated or incompatible driver to the update installed on your PC. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

A question on Playback devices

1. A question on Playback devices - Similar Threads - question Playback devices

2. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  3. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. playback devices missing

playback devices missing: i was just playing the walking dead vr when everything crashed and all my speaker options just kinda vanished, i restarted my pc 4 times with no luck, cant update them since they dont appear in device manager, unplugged everything and nothing changed, what do i do? also image...
  7. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  8. Shortcut to Playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to Playback devices: Hello All, I was wondering how I can get the shortcut back to 'Playback devices' on the menu you get when you right click the volume icon. In one update it was replaced with 'Sounds' and I don't know about you but I'm not changing my sounds so often I need a shortcut to...
  9. Playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  10. Playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...