Windows 10: A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two.

Discus and support A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The last time I came here I was unaware of the decorum of this group; however, Richard said I did ok and was welcome back. I thank him for his advice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pke225, Jul 11, 2019.

1. pke225 Win User

A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two.

The last time I came here I was unaware of the decorum of this group; however, Richard said I did ok and was welcome back. I thank him

for his advice and input. Again I apologize to Greg C. for not knowing and I am thankful for the help he gave me. The things you guys

do without thinking are unknow territority to the vast number of home users, like myself cases - there am some things I do well others I

have little or no experience with and try to avoid. Also, I had and still have a neck problem and could not work for long at that computer. I think I can safely say many here would be lost running the sophisticated instrumentation I did for a living. How to know it's time to calibrate - how to calibrate and how to validate the calibration so you can trust the results coming from the machine as it could be life or death situation. Of course you could learn.

Once upon an irate girlfriend deceided to reinstall Windows 98 Pro on my computer while I was away. When I came back it took me forever to get

back into my computer and I did not know she had done this - untill a light bulb went off as in those days I did not Password my computer. For the most part no one but me used it and I had plenty of Passwords at work or in those days I thought so. Things were different then. Home Users on a DSL or cable with NIS felt pretty safe. I don't think there was a support number to call. Finally I happened to turn my keyboard over rummaging thru some hardware and saw the password right there. It was actually a password I had shared with her on an email account. I don't think she meant to lock me out as circumstances had it we never saw or talked after I got back. The end result was when I tried to reinstall some software from an external drive it kept saying invalid drive or drive not found, whatever. It took finally tracking down the command subs e: c:\ or at least the correct way to write it. Thankfully I hope to never use it again.

My question is why does Microsoft make you double check their own software. Since I have yet to buy anything from their store - I just noticed

it on the smert file in use now. They told me I did not need it and then made me check YES ALLOW to install it. Seems crazy or has it always done that and I never paid heed. My other curiosity is that I had trouble the last time here pasting text and I know it must be allowed as some answers you

need are not gonna be typed out every time.

Ok my more serious question. Lately when I run the FULL DEF. SCAN I get no issues found but some files were skipped due to setting or something about the Network. A chat with a tech at Microsoft told me -and even a remote in - said nothing to worry about and then after our session I got the standard letter informing me of the community and the paid support options.

In additon the security software is always flagging me to turn on DYNAMIC LOCK - I have no Bluetooth devices paired to the computer not even my

smart phone so I have the lock completly turned off I think. I guess it has it an essential and fantastic feature in certain work or even home environments. Really shows the work put into win 10. I have never had one of those other computers - although their users swear by them. Do they pay attention to such detail I wonder? If I understand it right I am only telling it not to sleep if a paired BT device is un paried.

Thanks for the work and help ypu provide. AT 65 I think it's a too late but wish I'd gotten into the IT field.

Regard

Paul

:)

pke225, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Comments and tags not saved or disappears

Hello,

Could you please answer few question:

• Are you not able to see the Comments section in the file or the comment is missing for the MP3 file in the file section?
    If the Comment section is missing, I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Right click on the categories where you see the file section and click on more and scroll down and check on Comments section and check if it helps.

And issues with Microsoft Word 2010, suggest you to post your query in on the below link and check if it helps.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Jul 11, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Forum upgrade complete

Hey W1z, any comment on alternating row colors to make things easier to read in the thread lists?

Like this:

A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two. suggestion-png.png

newtekie1, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Product support forum changes on Microsoft Community

Source: Product support forum changes on Microsoft Community - Microsoft Community

*Arrow Windows 7 Help Forums

*Arrow Windows 8 Help Forums

*Arrow Windows 10 Help Forums

Brink, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two. - Similar Threads - question forum community

2. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  3. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  4. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two questions.: openssh SSH server what exactly is it and in services what is SshdBroker, description is <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 > . submitted by /u/CollateralJustice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdbpsy/two_questions/
  6. Two Hibernation Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Hibernation Questions: It is entirely possible that one or both of these cannot be answered, and I am posting mainly out of curiosity rather than any serous concern. Yesterday, for the first time with this computer, which was put into service around 01May2020, there was a power outage that lasted...
  7. two questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two questions: I am legally blind with only a litle sight. Nearly all printing on c0mputer is tones of grey. Can I change it to`black I use a two in one laptop. My onscreen keyboard has stopped working...HELPPPP Gillian Please us LARGE SIZE FONT TO REPLY...
  8. Two questions,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two questions,: 1.Where do i get the Realtek Hd Audio manager at? It was on this system before but after i had to reinstall windows now its not installed, so i have no speakers none what so ever, is there a place to download it? 2. For some reason when i restart my computer it goes to the...
  9. two questions....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two questions....: 1. Is Windows Defender supposed to run no-stop in the systray after re-booting? Mine doesn't...?? 2. If I try and activate anything in the Windows 10 menu, it says I need to run an ap, but doesn't list any aps to chose from?...
  10. two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions: i am gonna format my windows 10 ,is my windows store apps removed from my microsoft account ? and where is the cache of microsoft edge i mean the websites and favorites and the saved pages ? are they all in the same folder? 89197