Windows 10: A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options?

Discus and support A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 (since it is required to specify) and all I want to know is if I can get rid of that dual-boot screen when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plamendobrev, Dec 15, 2019.

1. A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options?

I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 (since it is required to specify) and all I want to know is if I can get rid of that dual-boot screen when I turn on my computer. It's pretty annoying. I have two extra Windows 10 options I'm too afraid to click on. Is it safe to delete them, so I can get rid of that screen? Thanks in advance! *Smile

https://i.imgur.com/9oXRWR0.png

:)

plamendobrev, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 15, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options?

Quick question about UEFI before installing Windows 10

Make sure you have only one HD/SSD connected to your PC so temporarily disconnect the rest during installation.
    1. Disable CSM & Disable Secure boot.
    2. Find out which function key to invoke Boot Menu then boot up your PC with the Installation USB connected.
    3. Boot up your PC and keep tapping with the Function key in step 3 to display the Boot Menu.
    4. From Boot Menu, there are 2 options for Legacy(MBR) and UEFI. Select UEFI

A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options? [​IMG]
    5. On the first screen, hold down SHIFT key and press F10, type:
      dispart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    6. Click Next, select Customize then continue the installation

topgundcp, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options?

1. A quick question: Is it safe to get rid of those boot options? - Similar Threads - quick question safe

2. Get rid of media controls in quick access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of media controls in quick access?: Win 11 continues to infuriate me. This is the biggest mess since Microsoft Bob. How can I get rid of the STUPID media controls in quick access? I followed the instructions to change the setting in Edge flags but the stupid thing is still there.They are dumbing Windows down so...
  3. Get rid of media controls in quick access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of media controls in quick access?: Win 11 continues to infuriate me. This is the biggest mess since Microsoft Bob. How can I get rid of the STUPID media controls in quick access? I followed the instructions to change the setting in Edge flags but the stupid thing is still there.They are dumbing Windows down so...
  4. quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?: i've noticed it running in the backround on my pc in task manager, i've ended it a few times worried about a virus, could i have a straight up answer is it safe? yes or no...
  5. quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick question, is aggrevator? aggregator?.exe safe?: i've noticed it running in the backround on my pc in task manager, i've ended it a few times worried about a virus, could i have a straight up answer is it safe? yes or no...
  6. Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer: 1 Precisely how can I get rid of [so-called] "Quick Access" explorer window & return to traditional, actual "Windows Explorer"? 2 Most of my storage-dependent files are on D-drive, & accessing them is now a PITA - anything but "Quick" - involving wading thru multiple...
  7. Safe Boot option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Boot option: Accidentally I pressed something in a menu where we can select Safe Boot option. Now, the command prompt keeps booting. I want the normal booting back. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-boot-option/6533ad9f-8598-4bde-89e1-616f7f42c7a5
  8. Safe mode boot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode boot question: So I went to safe boot my computer to install some new gpu drivers and my pc screen has gone black the last 5 mins and isn’t changing and my pc is still running so I don’t know what to do. Can someone help? submitted by /u/lensiky [link] [comments]...
  9. Quick RAM question for those who may have done it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick RAM question for those who may have done it: According to this: https://www.compuram.de/blog/en/how-much-ram-can-be-addressed-under-the-current-32-bit-and-64-bit-operating-systems/ my Win 10 Home 64 bit can use 128 GB of RAM. Other sources say the same. Is this legit? Have I finally reached a point in my life where I...
  10. Boot into safe mode question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot into safe mode question: Hey guys and Gals, I have a weird question for you. I have window 10 pro and tried to boot into safe mode command prompt but it wont accept my password. So I held down shift and restarted and got to command prompt option. System rebooted fine and then it asked me for my...