Windows 10: A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html...

Discus and support A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, This is Ashwin. I have a desktop with Windows 10. When i download a rar file from the website, it automatically changes into a Microsoft HTML... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Superduashwin, Nov 26, 2020.

1. A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html...

Hello,

This is Ashwin.

I have a desktop with Windows 10. When i download a rar file from the website, it automatically changes into a Microsoft HTML document when the download finishes and I also can't extract the file using WinRar and BreeZip. Please help with my question. I also have added screenshots on this question. I tried with all the web browsers like chrome, edge but it is always downloading as a HTML Document. Please help... :

1 Before Downloading-

A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html... 2b205017-3eb1-405b-ab0d-64ed668bcabb?upload=true.png

2 After Downloading-

A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html... 7a97491f-537f-4197-bb58-c845c9bd1c9d?upload=true.png

A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html... b5e22320-f7c8-408a-be26-575abc25c189?upload=true.png

3 Properties of the downloaded rar file -

A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html... af0c4335-e235-4a1b-8e34-5a0c8993f960?upload=true.png

Please Help with my issue,

Regards A.Ashwin.

:)

Superduashwin, Nov 26, 2020

2. How to change HTML File Associations from Edge to IE in Windows 10?

Hi,

I realize that you want to change HTML File Associations from Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to make changes in the Control Panel and check if that helps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Default programs.

• Click on Associated a file type with a program.

• Scroll down to select HTML file and click on change program.

• Select Internet Explorer and click ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 26, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How To Open HTML Files

Hi Doug,

You can open HTML files with Internet Explorer or the Edge Browser . . .

Right click an HTML file, choose Open - With

On the resulting dialog, check the box marked 'Always open html file . .. '

Then in the list look for Edge or Internet Explorer

If they do not appear, scroll to the bottom of that list and click 'More Apps' to find them

DaveM121, Nov 26, 2020
  4. A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html...

How .html > .doc

Hi Zhao,

Yes, a web page can be saved as a Word document. Here's how:

• Navigate to the page that you want to save as a
      Word document
    • Save the web page as HTML.
    • Open the web page in Microsoft Word. You should now have an .htm or
      an .html file.
    • Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.
      Save it as docx.

We look forward to hearing from you regarding the steps that we’ve provided.

Lizette Ags, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html...

1. A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html... - Similar Threads - rar file changes

2. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  3. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  4. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.: I was trying to do reagentc /enable in the SMD after formating my Disk because I was having trouble installing the new security update. But it says that Windows RE wasn´t found, but, somehow, the .XML file changed their file type to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' I'd like to...
  6. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.: I was trying to do reagentc /enable in the SMD after formating my Disk because I was having trouble installing the new security update. But it says that Windows RE wasn´t found, but, somehow, the .XML file changed their file type to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' I'd like to...
  7. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. All downloaded files as HTML

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All downloaded files as HTML: Hi my name is Ali Ayman, when I'm trying to download any file, folder, picture or an application from any browser it's been saved as HTML document and I don't know how to solve this problem. Note : PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY....
  9. Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black: Is there a way to change it back to white? [img] 117392
  10. Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox HTML Document (.html) icon changed to black: Is there a way to change it back to white? [img] 117392