Windows 10: A really weird problem

Discus and support A really weird problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; every time a new windows (or nvidia) update comes out if I'm playing a game it turns off my pc, then to turn it on again I have to turn off PSU with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheDreixon, Mar 16, 2021.

1. A really weird problem

every time a new windows (or nvidia) update comes out if I'm playing a game it turns off my pc, then to turn it on again I have to turn off PSU with a little button on the back, plug the power cable out of the PSU plug it back again, it that order it doesn't work if I just turn off the power or just plug it out.

submitted by /u/TheDreixon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheDreixon, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Really weird problem with my PC.

not to over-rule what the other people have suggested because i feel rude to butt in after they've made their suggestions, but i feel theres a simple way to narrow this down:

step 1: figure out if its software or hardware. try safe mode, or a different OS on a different hard drive (bootable linux on USB, for example). make sure you reproduce the initial problems thoroughly, such as waiting overnight to test it.

2. if you know its software, uninstall non-essential progrems - especially nortons, its garbage. use MSconfig to adjust startup items and slim things down, see if the problem goes away.

3. if its hardware, first underclock your CPU and RAM. even if the PSU is at fault, lowering the power used by the system could make it completely stable - predicatble crashes tend to lean away from CPU or ram being the culprit, with something operating on a 'curve' such as PSU's as they heat up - being more likely with your current descriptions.

Mussels, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Mar 16, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

A really weird problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

A really weird problem

1. A really weird problem - Similar Threads - really weird problem

2. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  3. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  4. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. This is really weird if true

in Windows 10 Support
    This is really weird if true: Came across this in my emails today and am wondering if it a genuine thing or not? Microsofts New Linux Distro Is a Warning Shot at Red Hat Review Geek 182872
  6. Really weird microphone problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really weird microphone problem: Hey guys, I need your help with the weirdest Realtek microphone problem I have had since a week or two. When I go to the microphone settings I can see the blue bar moving up and down meaning the microphone still detects sound. But since it is not working of course I...
  7. Windows is getting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting really weird: So one day when I downloaded Oracle VirtualBox and tried running it I got a blue screen, when restarting it always tells me "we can't sign into your account" even though I tried again and again. So I decided to reset it while keeping the personal files. And after restarting...
  8. Really weird microphone problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Really weird microphone problem.: Hey everybody, before I begin I want to mention that I am not a computer person, so if this is a really obvious fix I apologize! So today I booted up my computer to join a virtual class on Google Meet and it said that my microphone is muted by my system settings. I...
  9. Mouse being really weird.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  10. Mouse feels really weird !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse feels really weird !: hello , first of all i wanna say sorry for my bad english second i have a problem since 2 days so im a competetive csgo player and i downloaded a game called need for speed after i downloaded that my mouse felt like gliding on ice and not being 1to1 precise so i was like ok...