Windows 10: A recent call with Microsoft Support

Discus and support A recent call with Microsoft Support in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey! This is my first post in the community so I am glad to be a part of it!!! I recently called Microsoft Support Australia for a question I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by theunofficialyvonne, Jul 22, 2019.

1. A recent call with Microsoft Support

Hey!

This is my first post in the community so I am glad to be a part of it!!!

I recently called Microsoft Support Australia for a question I had for my Windows Licence. I have a Dell Inspiron with a digital OEM licence for Windows 10 Home. Because this was an OEM Licence, I was wondering if upgrading components and swapping out hardware would affect the Activation.

I spoke to a man with an Indian accent who ask for some details. I asked the question, to which he replied that changing the components would not affect my licence, only if I swapped the motherboard out. I talked to him a bit more about the query and he said he was confused about the question I was asking.

This is the worrying part:

The representative asks me to be allowed Remote Access into my computer to be able to find my Product Key. I become really suspicious because I know a lot about the 'Windows Support Scams'.

For those who don't know, check this page out: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4013405/windows-protect-from-tech-support-scams

I decline, and tell him that this is a tactic that scammers use to be able to gain access to the computer. He then tries to reassure me that 'that is what the scammers may do but we are Microsoft and we use genuine software' and stuff like that. I still tell him no, but he understands me. He seems frustrated, in my opinion. I was going to ask to speak with a supervisor, but I decided to hang up. I was really confused as I was not sure if this was a genuine procedure. I called the Microsoft Number (13 20 58 in Australia) and I made sure after my call that this was the right number.

Was this genuine? Where should I enquire about this issue?

Thanks!!!

:)

theunofficialyvonne, Jul 22, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 22, 2019
  4. A recent call with Microsoft Support

B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

A recent call with Microsoft Support

1. A recent call with Microsoft Support - Similar Threads - recent call Microsoft

2. Microsoft Support Never Calling Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Never Calling Back: I had an issue with my windows not updating and spent an entire day trying to fix it myself with no success. I then spent a entire second day, 7 am to 9:30pm with 9 different technicians which did the same solutions that I tried even after telling them they don't work....
  3. Microsoft Support Never Calling Back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Support Never Calling Back: I had an issue with my windows not updating and spent an entire day trying to fix it myself with no success. I then spent a entire second day, 7 am to 9:30pm with 9 different technicians which did the same solutions that I tried even after telling them they don't work....
  4. Microsoft Support Never Calling Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Support Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Call: So I've been trying to get Microsoft support to call me for the past 7-8 hours but it always says we are having trouble connecting you .I really need someone to call me so I can get my issues with a code fixed *moved...
  6. A Microsoft Support Team Call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Microsoft Support Team Call: We had a phone call in our answering machine saying it was from Microsoft support team and they'll charge $299.90 from our bank account. They left the phone # to call. Should we ignore the call and delete the message?...
  7. Calls from Microsoft Help and support

Calls from Microsoft Help and support: I have received a call from Microsoft Help and Support. They want me to fill out form to cancel service or renew? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/calls-from-microsoft-help-and-support/affae6b3-5d99-4e62-8b90-329331ff9f0f
  8. Robo Call from Microsoft Support

Robo Call from Microsoft Support: I have gotten numerous robo calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft support. Calls came from Florida yesterday and California today. They state that my firewall has been compromised, there's been a possible security breach and my IP address may have been stolen....
  9. Microsoft support phone calls

Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  10. Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call

Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call: Notice to the Microsoft community: I received an automated call totay informing me that there was an "emergency" situation with regards to my "Microsoft Windows License." Specifically, they were requesting that I call a phone number they were providing to "renew" my license....