Windows 10: A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner

Discus and support A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Explanation So im just doing my usuall buisiness one night, decided to shut down my computer and go to sleep, as usual there was an update and i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leonardo del Viscio, Dec 14, 2018.

1. A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner

Explanation

So im just doing my usuall buisiness one night, decided to shut down my computer and go to sleep, as usual there was an update and i coudnt shut down without "updating and shut down", nothing unsuall there but the next morning, the update fails and changes start being "undone", i get anoyed but i wait since this wasnt the first time an update failed (this has only happened once before and it was quite awhile ago), eventually my computer undos the update and 30 minutes later my computer is instantly restarted thanks to malware protection programs because it found bit miners in a windows update folder, no i didnt install any thing weird ive only downloaded 3 things in the last month which are from well known sources such as steam, also no i didnt download the update this was an automatic thing windows 10 did by it self, so my question is how the heck did this happen and why was it in a update, if it wasnt and done by something else then what would that "else" be since ive havent downloaded anything unsuall and as websites go, the sites ive used are stuff like youtube, facebook or crunchyroll, havent been on anything that isnt well known

Quick explanation

I got a windows 10 update, it failed, next day malware protection program detects bit miners in a system update folder (check image below for where there were found)

A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner 610f73cb-24ad-4e68-9e2e-ae1359e8304f?upload=true.png

:)

Leonardo del Viscio, Dec 14, 2018

2. Rapid Miner and Windows 10 compatibility issues

Rapid Miner and Windows 10 don't work well together. Rapid Miner comes up in microscopic font that can't be changed. Using Magnifier helps some (at least you can see it), but it makes using Rapid Miner very difficult, Any suggestions? Several IT techs
    have looked at it with no luck.

Original Title:Rapid Miner and Windows 10

DavidPotrubacz, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner :)

Thema:

A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner

1. A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner - Similar Threads - recent Update gave

2. reinstall windows 10 home recovery disk gave me windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstall windows 10 home recovery disk gave me windows 10 pro: reinstall windows 10 home recovery disk gave me windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-home-recovery-disk-gave-me/82462dac-4c69-4aeb-ae91-03755f7f671b
  3. Miner virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Miner virus: Hi, i have Miner virus that uses 100% cpu and when i open task manager it drops to 0% and how i know its at 100%, i use WIN+G and see that i have 100% on the Performance tab.I have tried some virus scanners/protection but none of them seemed to work.Are there anyone that know...
  4. Crypto Miners

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crypto Miners: So, I have really wanted Discord Nitro for a while now, and I saw that a crypto miner has partnered with discord and has been sponsored by many large creators, I live in my parents house so electricity isn't a problem, but is it worth it? Like I have a 1660s and an i7 and I...
  5. Miner fikes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Miner fikes: I'm trying to install phoenix miner and it keeps getting instantly deleted and says failed to download and error downloading I know its malware because it's a mining software but I'm just trying to mine ETH. can someone plz help me I have been working on this for days now...
  6. Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version: upgrading from win 8.1 pro 64.......received win 10 home 64....do not understand how that happened. bios restriction?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-tool-gave-me-the-wrong-version/639548b0-b813-48a7-8d81-48ae12b21fc6
  7. "system" miner???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "system" miner???: For the past few days I've been noticing a sudden jump in my task manager. If I happen to leave my PC for around 5 minutes, the process "System" starts to overtake my disk usage, sometimes bringing it from 5% to 99%.After I move my mouse it instantly goes back to 1%-5% Anyone...
  8. Update gave me BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update gave me BSOD: Last night my laptop would give me the Bsod everytime i turned it on. I managed to fix it by doing a system restore. I turned it on today and it worked all fine and dandy, but then i went to check windows updates and it was installing the new update in the background. I...
  9. Yesterdays update gave me a BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yesterdays update gave me a BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED I can't use a restore point, repair it using startup, or even reset it because apparently it said "an update is still going on in the background" or something like that. I do have a CD, is that my only option? submitted by /u/k3hvn [link] [comments]...
  10. Update gave me a new drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Update gave me a new drive letter: Hello, the most recent update of Windows 10 -- V1803, Build 17134.48 -- added a D drive to my collections of drives, causing me aggravation as I had previously assigned that drive letter to my Dropbox folders. The additional annoyance is the periodic warning that the drive is...