Windows 10: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

Discus and support A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KennethSammons, Nov 12, 2018.

1. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

:)

KennethSammons, Nov 12, 2018

2. DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 12, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

DVD player stopped working

Hi Cathy,

To help you with this, let's update or install the DVD/CD-ROM drivers. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right-click the DVD name, normally, it's named after the brand.
    • Select Update Driver Software.
    • Go to Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • Once it's done, click Close.

If the issue persist, uninstall the driver. Here's how:

• Follow the same steps above up to right-clicking DVD name.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, the driver will be installed automatically.

Share with us the results.

Best.

John Ado, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working - Similar Threads - recent update has

2. Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working: Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 running Win10. Recently installed update KB5015807, and now my DVD drive no longer recognizes any dvd's I try. Spins for a few seconds, but then DVD drive just simply stops. Is there no way to "un-install" this update? Or, is there a patch...
  3. Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working: Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 running Win10. Recently installed update KB5015807, and now my DVD drive no longer recognizes any dvd's I try. Spins for a few seconds, but then DVD drive just simply stops. Is there no way to "un-install" this update? Or, is there a patch...
  4. Update KB5015807 - stopped DVD drive from working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. recent updates have stopped printer from working

recent updates have stopped printer from working: I use my printer daily for work. Just before last weekend I developed printer issues. I did the whole remove printer, reinstall, check drivers, maintenance etc, nothing. Searched online and see it was an update issue. Thing is, I updated to v. 2004 in part of my effort...
  6. Recent Windows 10 Update has stopped hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Windows 10 Update has stopped hyperlinks: Hello! Recent Windows 10 Update has stopped hyperlinks from working in e-mails 2007 Outlook, AND stopped photos pasted into e-mails from appearing. Any suggested fixes??? -Thanks, Kevin...
  7. Insert key has stopped working after recent updates

Insert key has stopped working after recent updates: I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or an Edge issue, as I've updated both in just the last couple of weeks. But on all three of my computers, the "insert" key has stopped toggling. I WAS able to type over characters. Now I'm forced to type in the new text and then...
  8. Update has stopped my laptop from working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update has stopped my laptop from working: Hi, So my HP laptop was put onto sleep, when i opened it to use it, it was half way through an update which wasn't authorised. Despite updates constantly needing doing and slowing my computer more. Now i can log onto my computer but cannot access a single thing. Nothing...
  9. Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recently updated my Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro and my microphone has stopped working.: I have checked the driver properties and checked for updates for the Realtek High Def Audio(SST) and the computer shows under "Properties" that the device is working fine. The microphone was working properly before I updated my laptop. I have attempted to check for more...
  10. Windows update has stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update has stopped working: Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday. Tried rebooting but still not working! any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stopped my dvd from working