Windows 10: A refurbished laptop came with a Win10 installation dongle. Can I reuse it on one more laptop?

Discus and support A refurbished laptop came with a Win10 installation dongle. Can I reuse it on one more laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just bought a refurbished laptop off of eBay, it came with a Win10 installation USB flash. All went okay and now I'm sporting the latest build. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/apeaquatic, Aug 17, 2020.

1. A refurbished laptop came with a Win10 installation dongle. Can I reuse it on one more laptop?

Just bought a refurbished laptop off of eBay, it came with a Win10 installation USB flash.

All went okay and now I'm sporting the latest build.

The question is, is it possible to reuse the same USB Win10 installation media and install Win10 on my other (old) laptop? Will I run into any issues in terms of validity of either/both installations?

submitted by /u/apeaquatic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/apeaquatic, Aug 17, 2020

2. Refurbished Laptop?

I fully agree with this statement. The laptop I'm using right now is a refurbished HP business Ultrabook that I snagged on eBay for $265 shipped from a local company. It was about a year old when I bought it and it looked almost brand new. So far, it has worked flawlessly. Plus, it even came with the original HP recovery DVDs for Windows 8.1 Pro and all of the drivers. Just make sure you research whichever one you're looking at before you buy to make sure the specs are good enough for what you need it to do and to see possible hardware variations.

MattMcD488, Aug 17, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

A refurbished laptop came with a Win10 installation dongle. Can I reuse it on one more laptop?

Refurbished Laptop?

Right, there are a large number of Refurbished Notebooks available, generally are off-lease and the leasing company makes them available at good prices. I got a Dell Latitude D810 about 12 years ago and it worked until Win10 came out, couldn't deal with the video adapter on the motherboard.

Also note there are other situations that produce Refurbished items. One is if they have a serial number and have been sold that number goes in a computer. If the device is returned within the specified time it cannot be sold again as new. I got a real nice HP LaserJet for $200 off Retail some years ago and the box had never been opened. This type of Refurbished usually carries the same warranty as if new.

Berton, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

A refurbished laptop came with a Win10 installation dongle. Can I reuse it on one more laptop?

1. A refurbished laptop came with a Win10 installation dongle. Can I reuse it on one more laptop? - Similar Threads - refurbished laptop came

2. Refurbishing old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  3. Refurbishing old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  4. Received a Refurbished Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received a Refurbished Laptop: Hi I Ordered an asus laptop a15 2021 model On Amazon And When I received It It Looked Brand New And Had No Problems But When I Checked Its Warenty It Was less than 1 year Also When I Checked In System info The Original Install Date Didn't Show The Date In Which I Got The...
  5. Received a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received a Refurbished Laptop: Hi I Ordered an asus laptop a15 2021 model On Amazon And When I received It It Looked Brand New And Had No Problems But When I Checked Its Warenty It Was less than 1 year Also When I Checked In System info The Original Install Date Didn't Show The Date In Which I Got The...
  6. Received a Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I transfer windows 10 from one laptop to another if it came pre installed? OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer windows 10 from one laptop to another if it came pre installed? OEM: Hello all, I have a laptop that came with windows 10 preinstalled. The issue is that this laptop is painfully slow, so I would like to transfer windows 10 from this laptop to another laptop that I have which only has abuntu installed on it. Is this possible? If it is not, I...
  8. Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Refurbished Laptop: Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc and was automatically logged in as "User". I created an Admin account (local), removed "User' and restarted. I was then auto...
  9. Refurbished HP laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Refurbished HP laptop: I bought a Windows10 home, refurbished/renewed HP lap top that looks like it might have been used in a classroom. I have found a phone# and it says "Data" files are stored in Cloud. Most everything else looks clean going through it. What should i do about that?... I disabled...
  10. Refurbished Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Refurbished Laptop?: I'm considering getting a laptop for the first time. I have a desktop PC but I want something a bit more than a tablet and with a Windows 10 OS. These stream laptops I've seen only have 32gb hard drive storage and I'm looking for something with more capacity. How wise is it...