Windows 10: A remapped feature update policy.

Discus and support A remapped feature update policy. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft recently changed its feature update policy forcing feature updates to only those the version of Windows 10 they are running reaches near its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chinmay Krishna, Jul 5, 2020.

1. A remapped feature update policy.

Microsoft recently changed its feature update policy forcing feature updates to only those the version of Windows 10 they are running reaches near its end of service. However, Microsoft has also made the 1 major 1 minor feature policy the new normal. So now, the question is, why isn't Microsoft forcing feature updates anymore? Anyway, the major feature updates will just be installed once a year. So, according to me, Microsoft should start forcing feature updates again as if this happens then even the non-technical users will be able to enjoy the new features and be secured from malware better.

:)

Chinmay Krishna, Jul 5, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 5, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Darksaber Win User

A remapped feature update policy.

XBox 360 dashboard gets 125 new features

The next Xbox 360 update is coming along nicely. The download should take less than a minute and will be available to all Xbox 360 Live users. The feature list is quite long, so I suggest you click on the following link for the entire list:Xbox update.

Source: DailyTech

Darksaber, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

A remapped feature update policy.

1. A remapped feature update policy. - Similar Threads - remapped feature update

2. DMA Remapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DMA Remapping: PLease explin in simple terms what is DMA remapping and does it have anything to do with online purchase protection?Kennth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dma-remapping/b61ebd52-064d-4074-a5d7-8c145e3bc98b
  3. DMA Remapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DMA Remapping: PLease explin in simple terms what is DMA remapping and does it have anything to do with online purchase protection?Kennth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dma-remapping/b61ebd52-064d-4074-a5d7-8c145e3bc98b
  4. Windows feature Upgrades and group policy issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows feature Upgrades and group policy issues.: i work in an environment where we have about 230 client side computers. I noticed that whenever a feature upgrade goes out from the WSUS, the client side computers don't automatically restart and install the upgrade. it stays on the blue screen asking for confirmation to...
  5. "Select Target Feature Update Version" Group Policy for 2010/20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Select Target Feature Update Version" Group Policy for 2010/20H2: Can anyone confirm what is the correct entry to use with the "Select Target Feature Update Version" group policy to stay on the 2020 October version of Windows 10? Is it "2010" or "20H2"? For anyone not familiar with for group policy here's some more info on it:...
  6. 2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004; defer quality and feature updates only in group policy?: I just updated from 1909 to 2004 (19041.630). I noticed that deferrals for quality and feature updates was no longer possible using settings. Is it still correct that the only way to defer quality updates for 30 days and feature updates for 365 days is by using group policy?...
  7. Remap Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remap Keyboard: I installed the new Powertoys from Microsoft and I was able to remap the F7 key the way I wanted to. I would like to know if there is a way to remap the function keys with a second mapping maybe Ctrl F7 for example, also is is possible to map something like ctrl L to do...
  8. Function keys remap?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Function keys remap?: For example, my F1 button brings up a window with how to get PC help, is it possible to remove that? submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ssm6/function_keys_remap/
  9. Keyboard remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  10. Keyboard remapping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...