Windows 10: A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed

Discus and support A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to fix error A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed with codes 0xc0000185,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 20, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed

WinClub, Mar 20, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Dice Vil Win User

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed - Similar Threads - required device isn’t

2. A Required Device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed Blue Screen of Death Solutions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Required Device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed Blue Screen of Death Solutions?: So, I took apart my pc to fix a problem with the power repeatedly turning on and off in second intervals and cleaned the parts while I was doing it. After putting the pc back together the power problem was fixed but I was met with the BSOD saying “A required device isn’t...
  3. A Required Device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed Blue Screen of Death Solutions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Required Device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed Blue Screen of Death Solutions?: So, I took apart my pc to fix a problem with the power repeatedly turning on and off in second intervals and cleaned the parts while I was doing it. After putting the pc back together the power problem was fixed but I was met with the BSOD saying “A required device isn’t...
  4. A Required Device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed Blue Screen of Death Solutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f: I don’t have a installation media. Any possible ways I could fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-required-device-isnt-connected-or-cant-be/96601c98-277a-4a65-8e8f-b385feda25c8
  6. A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f: I don’t have a installation media. Any possible ways I could fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-required-device-isnt-connected-or-cant-be/96601c98-277a-4a65-8e8f-b385feda25c8
  7. A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f

8. error 0xc000000e "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed"

error 0xc000000e "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed": I unplugged the other storage devices that my OS wasn't installed on and it allowed me to boot up until I hit a black screen saying to "Reboot and Select a proper media device"There's one problem with that... my KEYBOARD doesn't work when the computer boots up again and...
  9. A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed: This is going to be a weird one but here it goes; I have two drives, an SSD and a HDD. My Windows 10 was installed on my SSD but was on version 1803, which prevented me from updating to 20H2. I contacted Microsoft support to help me upgrade to 20H2 using a flash drive to...
  10. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed: Hello. I have the following problem: "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed". I56400 Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P SSD 128Gb Kingstone HDD 1Tb Samsung Fresh windows installed this morning and after 5-6 hours PC crashed with this error: " A required device...