Windows 10: A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522 - screwed up security...

Discus and support A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522 - screwed up security... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, I'm an idiot and tried to change the security permissions for the entire C drive and screwed everything up. After I made the mistake,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arnoldpettybunk, Aug 23, 2020.

1. A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522 - screwed up security...

Long story short, I'm an idiot and tried to change the security permissions for the entire C drive and screwed everything up. After I made the mistake, I can't copy anything into my C drive, I get the "A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522" message.

Doing a system reset didn't help (both using the built in Win10 utility and the Lenovo one; like an idiot I didn't have a restore point set!) but doing a system refresh created a local Administrator account that works fine. My user account still has the same issue, so I think I'm just going to continue using the Administrator account as my own account (it does fix the issue I was trying to address, which is getting annoyed at Win10 nagging me every time I wanted to copy a file or install something). Anything I should be aware of in going this route? Is there some fix to my previous screw up I'm missing?

submitted by /u/arnoldpettybunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arnoldpettybunk, Aug 23, 2020

2. Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client - windows 10

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with error
    0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client - windows 10. We will certainly help you.

Kindly have a look at the suggestions in the thread below and check if it helps:

WINDOWS 8 - Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client

Note: Suggestions applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client.

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 each time I try move, copy or create a file in my C drive I get this error:

Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client.

I am the only user on the computer.

Can you help?

Ibrahimkhan_935, Aug 23, 2020
  4. A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522 - screwed up security...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522 - screwed up security...

1. A required privilege is not held by the client error 0x80070522 - screwed up security... - Similar Threads - required privilege held

2. A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up: I got this error for the first time when I booted up my legion 7 today. Yesterday, I installed a few games off of the Xbox app, downloaded MSI Afterburner, and Malwarebytes. That's all. I ran my pc quite extensively yesterday and played some pretty taxing games but I don't...
  3. A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up: I got this error for the first time when I booted up my legion 7 today. Yesterday, I installed a few games off of the Xbox app, downloaded MSI Afterburner, and Malwarebytes. That's all. I ran my pc quite extensively yesterday and played some pretty taxing games but I don't...
  4. A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client: I tried to restart my Win 10 computer, but saw something about 'task host window' preventing the restart. I clicked something, the computer restarted, and then I saw this message. Should I do something now to correct this??...
  6. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client: I tried to restart my Win 10 computer, but saw something about 'task host window' preventing the restart. I clicked something, the computer restarted, and then I saw this message. Should I do something now to correct this??...
  7. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

8. "Required Privilege Not Held By Client"

"Required Privilege Not Held By Client": I am receiving the following error message at Log In each time:Can any one tell me how to get rid of this? Thank You...JWarner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-privilege-not-held-by-client/a68ff2a1-6b5e-4570-b09c-be3b1ed56b02
  9. A required privilege is not held by the client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A required privilege is not held by the client: Quick backstory, I was being dumb and got an adware that ran on startup and opened a browser page obviously an indication my PC was hacked. So I downloaded Malwarebytes. It saw it, quarantined it. Restarted just to make sure it is actually gone, and it is. But now I get this...
  10. "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error: PLEASE HELP ME I have an HP laptop computer, Windows 10 Home, Version10.0.17134 I tried your support and they could not help me. They said to perform a clean install. I do not want to do that. For the last month, I have been getting a “required privilege is not held...
Tags: