Windows 10: A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

Discus and support A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LouisLacayo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

:)

LouisLacayo, Feb 14, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Can not create New Folder in Desktop

When you open 'Properties' for the 'Desktop' folder in your 'Username' and select 'Location' does it show as in image below:

If not select 'Restore Default' (blank out is your 'Username', even if it appears correct still select. (worth a try).

Try create a new folder from desktop!!!

If that does not work try (suggestion):

Rename current desktop folder to 'Desktop1' > create a new 'Desktop' folder > try to create new folder from desktop.

Trying to avoid creating new user profile!!!!!!

A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder a8ff5af4-d3b5-4168-a130-2221bedb59e9.png

Shilohbob, Feb 14, 2019
  4. RRob613 Win User

A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work

Desktop computer with Windows10 Pro.
    I already have one post going, but I need to create new folders on the desktop. When I right click on the desktop and click on new, it basically freezes up and eventually refreshes the desktop. I googled the problem and tried a couple suggestions, including messing with the registry (not a problem, but it did not work). I also tried widows restore for two attempts, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated. If there is another way to get new folders on the desktop, I would like to know how. Thanks

RRob613, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder - Similar Threads - right click desktop

2. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  3. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  4. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add an option to create "new folder" when I right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add an option to create "new folder" when I right click on desktop: Hi,I want to add an option in right click on desktop options where-in I can create a new folder with an option to enter the required name.Please help!!Thanks in advance...
  6. cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens: cannot create new folders, after right clicking on the desktop, click on "New" and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders/df7b0989-5d1e-436c-925e-4ad4ea4ad5f9"
  7. Unable to create New Folder upon right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create New Folder upon right click: I cant open new folder with a right click of the mouse ***Original Title: Right click on mouse not working after update*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folder-upon-right-click/3d177862-5bc1-4160-bfd0-d8d13fd7d2de
  8. Unable to create shortcuts or new folders on Desktop, (system freezes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create shortcuts or new folders on Desktop, (system freezes): When I right click on the desktop the menu pops up. But when I click on a choice NEW> the PC freezes for about 10 seconds then the screen goes blue. After about 5 seconds my icons pop up on a white screen then the wallpaper slowly fades back in. Then one by one the icons on...
  9. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.: I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens. Suggestions ? Thank you. 124712
  10. Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work: Desktop computer with Windows10 Pro. I already have one post going, but I need to create new folders on the desktop. When I right click on the desktop and click on new, it basically freezes up and eventually refreshes the desktop. I googled the problem and tried a couple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click New Hangs

2. right click freezes desktop windows 10

3. new folder freezes windows 10

4. computer freezes up when making new folder right click,
  5. right click new freezes,
  6. right click new freezes not working,
  7. right click new freeze windows 10,
  8. right-click new lag,
  9. desktop right click hangs,
  10. desktop completely freezes when i right click,
  11. windows freeze right click desktop,