Windows 10: A rogue app

Discus and support A rogue app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VB1974, Jun 16, 2020.

1. VB1974 Win User

A rogue app

I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do I find this app?

:)

VB1974, Jun 16, 2020
  2. RichardC Win User

Rogue Start Menu App

I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no avail. I've dragged it to desktop and tried deleting it there to no avail. Does anyone no how to get rid of it? I've searched online and found that this has happened before, with the 1803 feature update. I've read that a pc is useless without instructions. Something is instructing the system to place it in the start menu. Any suggestions?

A rogue app [​IMG]

RichardC, Jun 16, 2020
  3. mike s Win User
    Rogue Start Menu App

Heh. I have used start menu replacements that I never even saw what was going behind them. I just did a manual 1809 to 1903 update and peeked at the "Windows Start Menu" after Open Shell had loaded. There are perhaps a dozen such rogue entries in an "other" category; some having names suggestive of apps (like Skype) but others having placeholder names such as the one pictured above.

FWIW I have never installed or used a "store" app on this machine.

Oh well ... back to Open Shell.

mike s, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

A rogue app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. A rogue app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

A rogue app

1. A rogue app - Similar Threads - rogue app

2. Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.: Hello,When I put my computer to sleep and I want to work again I keep getting a blue screen with the error Driver_power_state_failure. I have included a memory dump.Can anyone help me with this problem ?Thank you in advance.memory dump...
  3. Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_power_state_failure error on windows 11 23h2 with a Rogue Hero VII mother board.: Hello,When I put my computer to sleep and I want to work again I keep getting a blue screen with the error Driver_power_state_failure. I have included a memory dump.Can anyone help me with this problem ?Thank you in advance.memory dump...
  4. My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!: My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-ctrl-key-has-gone-rogue-any-ideas-how-to/2e668a0d-5917-47a6-b958-ffd3bd724462
  5. My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!

My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks!: My left Ctrl key has gone rogue. Any ideas how to fix it? I'm using Windows 11. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-ctrl-key-has-gone-rogue-any-ideas-how-to/2e668a0d-5917-47a6-b958-ffd3bd724462
  6. Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store deleted after Factory Reset & Rogue app!: I factory reset my PC, and now the App Store is missing...so I tried the Microsoft webstore......the web-Store does not even begin the download I have footage....it sort of glitches and does not load the download! I have tried several solutions including: The Comand...
  7. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app: I have been posting an issue on another forum regarding rogue email addresses in my contacts when i try to email myself in the To box, when starting to add my email address i see other addresses, some with long strings of data that are not mine. I have tried various things...
  8. I have a rogue security app which I dont want, it wont uninstall the name is Segurazo, I...

I have a rogue security app which I dont want, it wont uninstall the name is Segurazo, I...: I have an unwanted rogue app which I cant uninstall, the name of the app is Segurazo I would have though that Microsoft defender would have stopped it....
  9. Rogue Start Menu App

Rogue Start Menu App: I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no...
  10. Rogue Start Menu App

in Windows 10 Support
    Rogue Start Menu App: I've recently noticed a start menu app entitled 'ms-resource:AppName/Text.' If you left click, nothing happens. If you right click, then click more, a setting app comes up. That will take you to apps and features section in the settings. I've tried to delete the app to no...