Windows 10: A rogue S/W has been downloaded (piggyback) which is masquerading as credit card authority...

Discus and support A rogue S/W has been downloaded (piggyback) which is masquerading as credit card authority... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While accessing a UK website to purchase a product with my credit card on 17 October this year, I was informed that my credit card authority wanted to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fiel da Silva, Nov 5, 2018.

1. A rogue S/W has been downloaded (piggyback) which is masquerading as credit card authority...

While accessing a UK website to purchase a product with my credit card on 17 October this year, I was informed that my credit card authority wanted to carry out a check on me. Although I was surprised by such a request (never before), I accepted it. Then I was told to expect a telephone call which came in seconds. I was given a long number to remember and asked to input it in a given box. I could not remember it correctly and so I requested a second opportunity. This time, while searching for my pen, I was told of the time-out. Since then, I have been thwarted every time I have attempted to effect an online purchase. I approached today my bank which contacted my cards holding authority. It found nothing wrong about my use of its cards. It is at this time that I realized that a rogue S/W had secreted in my System. How can I remove this S/W?

Fiel

:)

Fiel da Silva, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Deleting a credit card

Hi Melonie,

If you are unable to remove the credit cards you've listed under Payments & Billing, try updating your payment method by following the steps indicated on this

link
    . If that didn't work, kindly retry removing your credit cards after 1-3 days.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 5, 2018
  3. credit card details already exist

Two things you can do.

• Visit commerce.microsoft.com and then head over to the billing section. Remove any credit card details that may exist and make the card section completely empty. Then head to windowsphone.com and then try to buy the app and it will prompt you to enter fresh
      credit card details.
    • If the previous step did not work, don't waste time on online research or forums as this is a billing/account related issue. Straight away, head over to gethelp.live.com, start a chat with a billing person and they will take care of this.

Jay_answers, Nov 5, 2018
  4. A rogue S/W has been downloaded (piggyback) which is masquerading as credit card authority...

Credit card not recognised to download pay for apps

Phone is a HTC Trophy

os version 7.0.7392.0

Every time I try to download a pay for app I get a message that I do not have a credit card linked to the phone. I have added different credit cards to try to overcome this But it does not recognise them. The credit card is listed in Windows when I sign
    in. Any ideas what is wrong. HTC have advised me that I need to check with Windows support before they will do anything with the phone settings.

LynMaestri, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

A rogue S/W has been downloaded (piggyback) which is masquerading as credit card authority...

1. A rogue S/W has been downloaded (piggyback) which is masquerading as credit card authority... - Similar Threads - rogue has been

2. Credit card charged without authorization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credit card charged without authorization: I got charged on my credit card for a subscription that I don’t have. I would like it refunded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card-charged-without-authorization/4d446e6c-2a8d-4e50-a4db-ec5203e9a26d
  3. Credit card charged without authorization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credit card charged without authorization: I got charged on my credit card for a subscription that I don’t have. I would like it refunded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card-charged-without-authorization/4d446e6c-2a8d-4e50-a4db-ec5203e9a26d
  4. charges on my credit card I did not authorize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    charges on my credit card I did not authorize: I am being billed 1580.63 each month on my credit card. When you go to my account it shows I have not purchased anything since 2016. What are these charges. I cannot seem to speak to anyone all I get is a phone number that loops me around with no answers....
  5. charges on my credit card I did not authorize

charges on my credit card I did not authorize: I am being billed 1580.63 each month on my credit card. When you go to my account it shows I have not purchased anything since 2016. What are these charges. I cannot seem to speak to anyone all I get is a phone number that loops me around with no answers....
  6. Credit card/ Debit card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Credit card/ Debit card: How do I use a Visa gift card on microscoft, it keeps saying my information is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card-debit-card/6170f16b-5c0d-45c2-9919-47defca1a6fc
  7. Credit card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Credit card: I can't delete my card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card/5128eb12-463f-489b-a4c7-8b2b6b7ddf51
  8. credit card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    credit card: We need to delete an expired credit card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card/255d221e-2670-4f59-85b9-edfd67da4c23
  9. Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!

Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!: PLEASE? - Can anyone tell me what the program called "SS Option"from publisher Slow Gefovo is for???I think it sneakily downloaded itself by way of piggyback withWIN ZIP when my husband tried to watch a movie on the computer. This happened while he was waiting for me to get...
  10. Credit Card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credit Card: How & where to change credit card information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card/6c24b1ee-1254-450d-9066-ccd729063925"