Windows 10: A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do?

Discus and support A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] This appeared on my screen. I unplugged the computer and turned it back on and it is still there and still blocking my computer. I couldn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NinaSmith1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do?

A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer.  What do I do? [​IMG]

This appeared on my screen. I unplugged the computer and turned it back on and it is still there and still blocking my computer. I couldn't get through to Microsoft Security Help - they just said the phone call could not be completed at this time. Has anyone solved this problem?

:)

NinaSmith1, Apr 5, 2019

2. Virus scam alert.

It is a common scam.

Tech Support Scamming through
    unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails
    (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. If you call the phone number (or they called you), more nefarious scammers will talk their victims into allowing them remote control
    access of the computer so they can install a
    Remote Access Trojan
    in order to steal passwords and other sensitive personal information which could then be used to access bank accounts or steal a person's identity.

These are a few examples.

The scammer may claim to be affiliated with Microsoft or
    Windows Support
    . However, there have been reports of scammers claiming to be affiliated with major computer manufacturers such as
    Hewlett Packard, Lenovo and Dell, familiar security vendors like
    Symantec, Panda, McAfee, etc. and even popular
    ISPs.

Hanging up the phone when the scammers call is the best way to deal with them.

For more information about how these scams work and resources to protect yourself, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams...there
    are suggestions near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem or you allowed remote access into your computer.

quietman7 - MVP, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Elizrosso Win User
    Virus alert from Microsoft

my computer is frozen I am getting a virus alert from Microsoft it said my computer is blocked to call support I don't know if this is a scam

Elizrosso, Apr 5, 2019
  4. A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do?

How to get rid of " ***Microsoft Alert*** System blocked for security reasons" scam?

That what you are seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.
    Please read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

In case you keep on getting these pop ups, it is recommended to run some scans as described here:

Suggestion to also take the time and to read:

Jsssssssss, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do?

1. A Scam Virus Alert has blocked my PC computer. What do I do? - Similar Threads - Scam Virus Alert

2. Computer locked. Is this a scam? What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked. Is this a scam? What should I do?: I called 888.236.0923 phone was not answered as Microsoft. I have not clicked or called any other number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-is-this-a-scam-what-should-i-do/cdaeb063-ae61-48ea-bbe3-11e6df7861d2
  3. My PC has a problem, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has a problem, what do I do?: Hi, I’m running a windows 10 PC however when I’m trying to log in it’s saying my pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart. Below that it says Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO . It then try’s to automatically repair however that fails, I have tried every other option...
  4. My PC has a problem, what do I do?

My PC has a problem, what do I do?: Hi, I’m running a windows 10 PC however when I’m trying to log in it’s saying my pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart. Below that it says Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO . It then try’s to automatically repair however that fails, I have tried every other option...
  5. My PC has a problem, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do I know the Defender Virus alert is not a scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know the Defender Virus alert is not a scam: I recieved a message from Microsoft Defender with a phone number to call. I want to know if it is a scam before calling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-the-defender-virus-alert-is-not-a/eae0b1b5-b393-4b31-b29f-66d9b7aefe86
  7. How do I know the Defender Virus alert is not a scam

How do I know the Defender Virus alert is not a scam: I recieved a message from Microsoft Defender with a phone number to call. I want to know if it is a scam before calling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-the-defender-virus-alert-is-not-a/eae0b1b5-b393-4b31-b29f-66d9b7aefe86
  8. my computer scammed what do I do now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer scammed what do I do now: computer has been scamed what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-scammed-what-do-i-do-now/aefcbc75-8029-4b4c-ae7b-0e17d8146a1b"
  9. Windows virus alert scams

Windows virus alert scams: I want to know in anyone else is receiving a virus alert from windows. I think it is a scam and i’m worried that it may hurt my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-virus-alert-scams/4c83faf8-49ba-4ab8-9050-22f16c5447a8"
  10. "Virus Alert from Microsoft" It states that this computer has been Blocked?

"Virus Alert from Microsoft" It states that this computer has been Blocked?: I have a window that came up "Virus Alert from Microsoft" It states that this computer has been Blocked. It then gives a list of possible reasons such as The Windows registration key is illegal and This Windows is using pirated software, etc. Its also asking me to enter my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus alert from windows blocking computer

2. windows blocked scam

3. alert from windows this computer is blocked

4. Virus alert from windows This computer is BLOCKED,
  5. virus alert with 800 number,
  6. virus alert from windows computer blocked,
  7. alert from windows computeris blocked,
  8. How can I know that my computer Windows Alert warning is not a scam,
  9. scam windows crash,
  10. windows pc virus scam alert,
  11. your computer has a virus scam websites,