Windows 10: A scammer changed my password on the log in screen

Discus and support A scammer changed my password on the log in screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When i start my laptop there’s a login screen before i can access my laptop. A scammer changed my password, so i can’t get in. I tried restarting in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ElaineClanton, Feb 12, 2020.

1. A scammer changed my password on the log in screen

When i start my laptop there’s a login screen before i can access my laptop. A scammer changed my password, so i can’t get in. I tried restarting in safe mode, but it just goes back to the log in screen. Please help!

:)

ElaineClanton, Feb 12, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Feb 12, 2020
  4. A scammer changed my password on the log in screen

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

A scammer changed my password on the log in screen

1. A scammer changed my password on the log in screen - Similar Threads - scammer changed password

2. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  3. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  4. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  5. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

6. Change from PIN to password to log in

Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  7. Recent password change, can't log on my PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent password change, can't log on my PC.: So, recently i change my Microsoft's account password and I can't log in.When I try to use PIN to log in it shows this massage:Your password has been change on another device. You have to log in to this pc using your new password. Something like that. I can log in into...
  8. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...: My windows laptop shows up as a device on my microsoft account, but I cant log on to my laptop using my microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-logged-in-to-my-microsoft-account-and/7b606d9e-a86f-46e9-9d93-9b79a9e989d0
  9. Log in screen won't accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in screen won't accept my password: Hello, I booted up my laptop after a few months of it being away. I typed in my password but it said that the password was incorrect I was confused as I hadn't changed my password recently but either way I started the password recovery process. Confirmed my identity with...
  10. HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY: when I attempt to change my password to get onto my computer the page asks me to enter a password that I now use but it does not recognize it. It want me to type in my email password which is different from my log in password when I turn my computer on. How can I change my...