Windows 10: A script to delete all kb layouts and then add selected ones?

Discus and support A script to delete all kb layouts and then add selected ones? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I've had this issue for a long while now and found many other people online complaining about this but with no real solution. Some applications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TahPenguin, Jan 29, 2020.

1. A script to delete all kb layouts and then add selected ones?

Hi!

I've had this issue for a long while now and found many other people online complaining about this but with no real solution.

Some applications, when launched, add two different english keyboards to my layouts. The only solutions I had so far was to then add them manually (as they don't appear in the language menu) and then delete them. But it is tedious to do and since I actively use two different layouts it becomes more tedious to switch between 4 instead of 2.

Is there a way to automate this? Like in the title - something that would delete all and then only add the two I wish to have?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/TahPenguin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TahPenguin, Jan 29, 2020

2. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Tired of script error

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• What is the complete error message or error code?
    • When exactly are you getting the script errors?
    • Are you getting script errors while using Internet Explorer?
    If yes, I would suggest you to follow the steps in the below link to on troubleshooting script errors in Internet Explorer.

Refer to the link below on How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/308260

Hope this helps!

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 29, 2020
  4. A script to delete all kb layouts and then add selected ones?

Script Errors

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps and check:

• Right click on the Start button and click on the
      Control Panel

• Click on the Security and Maintenance.

• Select Change Security and Maintenance settings from the left pane.

• Uncheck mark on the Internet security settings option.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/308260

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

A script to delete all kb layouts and then add selected ones?

1. A script to delete all kb layouts and then add selected ones? - Similar Threads - script delete layouts

2. Only one keyboard layout selectable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one keyboard layout selectable: Hello guys,I'm having an issue with the language switcher the one you can trigger with Windows + Spacebar.As you can see I have two languages installed, English and Chinese.I don't know why but in the language switcher it only comes with Chinese and I can't choose anything...
  3. Only one keyboard layout selectable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one keyboard layout selectable: Hello guys,I'm having an issue with the language switcher the one you can trigger with Windows + Spacebar.As you can see I have two languages installed, English and Chinese.I don't know why but in the language switcher it only comes with Chinese and I can't choose anything...
  4. Stuck on select keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on select keyboard layout: A few days ago I attempted to install the Windows 11 update on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. An error kept coming up which I can’t entirely remember so I gave up for now and carried on using Windows 10. Yesterday when opening the laptop, the computer is asking me to select the...
  5. Stuck on select keyboard layout

Stuck on select keyboard layout: A few days ago I attempted to install the Windows 11 update on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. An error kept coming up which I can’t entirely remember so I gave up for now and carried on using Windows 10. Yesterday when opening the laptop, the computer is asking me to select the...
  6. Stuck on select keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. delete kb:5010342

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete kb:5010342: ive tried every imaginable way to delete this one update and every time it fails to delete, PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-kb5010342/c646fa3a-2912-41b1-8261-8fab254ca4ce
  8. delete kb:5010342

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete kb:5010342: ive tried every imaginable way to delete this one update and every time it fails to delete, PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-kb5010342/c646fa3a-2912-41b1-8261-8fab254ca4ce
  9. delete kb:5010342

10. Malicious KB layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Malicious KB layout: Hello,Please advice the way to remove QAB layout ?It's not seen in layout menu.Have tried add it and next remove - not helpedUsing Win 10 Pro 21H1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-kb-layout/c1c16cae-347d-41d3-931b-4ae1d07588af