Windows 10: A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode

Discus and support A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What I I need is a reliable method of opening a website using EDGE 'InPrivate' Mode. It would have been nice to have a simple single command-line... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by questorfla, Jul 23, 2016.

1. A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode

What I I need is a reliable method of opening a website using EDGE 'InPrivate' Mode. It would have been nice to have a simple single command-line method but apparently this cannot be done.

On a system with a brand new install of Windows 10 that has been in use for only a few days (The only change being to make Chrome the default Browser) I can get the suggested "Microsoft-edge:" to work from Win+R but not from CLI so not sure how to accomplish this from a script.

I was able to get Chrome to open a specific website using Incognito Mode from a single line command but have had no luck at all using Edge. The last post I could find was on a Microsoft forum and perhaps indicates that there is no way to accomplish this.

Failing a simple method , is there any way to create a script in batch,PS or VBS that would accomplish the same thing?

:)

questorfla, Jul 23, 2016

2. KB3135173 InPrivate history is cached

I am using MS Edge. Every website that I use except one is stored on Edge after closing InPrivate. Before the update KB3135173 was installed no website was stored on Edge after closing InPrivate.

nickashton1725, Jul 23, 2016
  3. pilton Win User
    Cortana/Bing locked to China region even when language/region is en-US

To your question:

This issue is with Bing and Cortana. Because Cortana's response comes from Bing.

I've tried your suggestion but no use at all.

Actually I cleared both IE & MS Edge cache, connected to a VPN in US and visited your link in InPrivate mode, but the response page is still Bing China (could not set to other region).

Your InPrivate mode is out of privacy...

pilton, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode

1. A Scripted Method for Starting MS Edge using InPrivate mode - Similar Threads - Scripted Method Starting

2. Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This simple guide is designed to help you create a shortcut to open the […] This article Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. MS Edge Chromium - Tracking to use Strict Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Chromium - Tracking to use Strict Mode?: Hi all, I thought about setting the Tracking prevention setting to Strict mode but I thought would first post my question for those of you who uses the Strict Mode, do you notice a lot of websites break or not functioning? Just starting to really annoyed to see al those Ad...
  4. How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This guide will show you how to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate […] This article How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. make edge inprivate everywhere

in Browsers and Email
    make edge inprivate everywhere: how do i make it edge start inprivate everywhere? for example, when I click on something on another program and it asks what program to open this link with. i want to click use edge every time but only if it does inprivate every time. 159613
  6. Video TDR Failure while using Edge Inprivate Page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video TDR Failure while using Edge Inprivate Page: While using Edge Inprivate Page I got error as Video Tdr I tried community solutions but it was not fixed. I get the error only while using edge in private...
  7. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode: Hello there, I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public Browser" and everything works great, but unfortunately Edge runs "InPrivate" mode and whenever I try to "Click to go back" I get...
  8. Disable script debugging in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable script debugging in MS Edge: The MS Support instructions for Windows 10/Edge are often incorrect. For example, there is no tab available for "internet options" only "advanced settings" which does not have the simple tools available as options that are often needed. If I get an error message about a...
  9. Edge records history InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    Edge records history InPrivate mode: Is there a way to disable this? Recording history in an "InPrivate" window seems like a contradiction in terms, no? 42565
  10. New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge: Since receiving Microsoft's latest Anniversary Update I have not been able to use the New InPrivate Window as the feature remains grayed out. Does anybody have any help or suggestions as to how I can enable this feature as my searches and questions to other sites have left me...