Windows 10: a second system is running on this computer preventing configuration

Discus and support a second system is running on this computer preventing configuration in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I remove unwanted system?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BeverlyNelson-Walker, Dec 12, 2018.

1. a second system is running on this computer preventing configuration

how do I remove unwanted system?

:)

BeverlyNelson-Walker, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Dec 12, 2018
  3. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Dec 12, 2018
  4. a second system is running on this computer preventing configuration

Error 'Operating system is not presently configured to run this application' on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check the issue.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

1. Press Windows key + X key. And select Run.

2. Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.

3. On the Services tab of the
    System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
    Hide all Microsoft services
    check box, and then tap or click Disable all.

4. On the Startup tab of the
    System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
    Disable.

6. Close Task Manager.

7. On the Startup tab of the
    System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Please reply us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

a second system is running on this computer preventing configuration

1. a second system is running on this computer preventing configuration - Similar Threads - second system running

2. System configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System configuration: My pc is having a slow boot up, its not to bad but i did have it going faster before as i resetted some configuration services, here are some screenshots, let me know if things are fine or something needs to be changed?...
  3. Another instance running configuration system failed to initialise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another instance running configuration system failed to initialise: What is the problem with this company!!! I am getting this annoying pop up since long time... I tried booting the computer... Used that scannow ****, shows everything is fine... I used troubleshoot it show nothing.... I tried to contact this microsoft people but that annoying...
  4. Error The operating system is not configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error The operating system is not configured to run this application: How do you fix this? I have Windows 10 and it won't run the Word program. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-operating-system-is-not-configured-to/be7b9166-4bc2-4e20-8198-d8901154eca7
  5. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application: I have Just had a problem arise yesterday. When closing Solidworks a "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" error comes up, and it wont allow the program to close properly without using task manager. Solidworks itself runs fine, issue...
  6. System configuration

System configuration: In system configuration it wont let me take normal startup, everytime select normal startup and apply and click ok and restart pc it will just revert back to selective start up, it reverts back even without restarting pc, I've tried reading on internet but can't seem to fix...
  7. the operating system is not pesently configured to run this ap

the operating system is not pesently configured to run this ap: I'm getting this message only on Word documents...and just more recent word docs whether its .doc or docx...help! I've even uninstalled Office 13 and re-installed it. Help!...
  8. operating system is not configured to run this application

operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....
  9. The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application: I can't open Excel file, I get this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-operating-system-is-not-presently-configured/207fd419-609d-4963-9640-673b564ee74f
  10. "The operating system is not presently configured to run this app"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The operating system is not presently configured to run this app": Since the 14332 Update I occasionally see an "error" dialog open on my desktop stating "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application". I call on the fellow members to see if they have ever seen this one before. It is absolutely a new one on me. As...