Windows 10: A second user account was created by itself.

Discus and support A second user account was created by itself. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a very strange issue that I simply can not figure out. My system has only one user account which has full admin. I set up netplwiz to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leo Chui, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Leo Chui Win User

A second user account was created by itself.

Hello, I have a very strange issue that I simply can not figure out.

My system has only one user account which has full admin.

I set up netplwiz to simply log into windows without any authentication needed (yeah, yeah, I know, but the computer remains at home in a locked room and nobody else lives with me).

Anyways, ever since I renamed the computer from the standard DESKTOP-XXXXX to something else, whenever I boot into windows now, it tries to log into a different user account of the same name as my admin account and always prompts me that the password is incorrect. When I log in with the correct credentials, it logs in as usual with my admin account.

For the life of me, I can't get rid of this account either from the command line using the net user switch, thru control panel, thru computer management, registry, etc.

Here is the image of my login screen: A second user account was created by itself. [​IMG]

That user account at the bottom came from nowhere. It has the same exact name as my usual login account as well.

I have actually gone to see if there was some kind of corruption and tried sfc repair, dism image repair, checked my disk for errors. Prior to changing my computer name, SFC reported no errors and now its telling there are corrupted files but windows resource protection is preventing me from fixing them (dism as well). Chkdsk did find errors and says it has fixed them, but sfc is still not able to repair my files (in ALL modes: safe mode, recovery console, etc.)

I really do not want to restore my system because I made some changes last night and although system restore was supposed to create a restore point, it didn't do it before I changed my computer's name.

Very frustrating and despite running all sorts of malware protection software without any issues, I worry that this may be a security issue.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

:)

Leo Chui, Jul 14, 2019

2. Can't Create Second User on Windows 10?

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps to fix this issue, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File >
      Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD and hit Enter key. Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt and hit Enter key:

net user test /add

• This command will create a new user account called test.

net localgroup administrators test /add

• On executing this command makes
      test account as administrator. In simple this will give administrator privileges to test account by adding it to administrators group.

Note: In the above command line,
    test is the name of the User Profile which we're creating. You can keep any name in the place of
    test that which you think your User Profile name should be.

Now logoff from the existing User Profile. When you're on the login screen, on the left bottom corner you can see the account which we have created. Now login with that account and try to convert that account
    as Microsoft account by navigating to Start/>
    Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Sign with Microsoft account Instead. If you have Microsoft account try to use that by entering the credentials or else follow the steps
    to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 14, 2019
  4. A second user account was created by itself.

Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

A second user account was created by itself.

1. A second user account was created by itself. - Similar Threads - second user account

2. Windows 11 create user account itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 create user account itself: Hi there,I noticed that windows starts creating user, local account itself.Each time i turn on my PC there a 2 account: 1st - Main, MS, online account and 2nd - local.How to disable it cuz i delete it all the time ?I've tried to AV scan clean so i exclude security...
  3. Windows 11 create user account itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 create user account itself: Hi there,I noticed that windows starts creating user, local account itself.Each time i turn on my PC there a 2 account: 1st - Main, MS, online account and 2nd - local.How to disable it cuz i delete it all the time ?I've tried to AV scan clean so i exclude security...
  4. second user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    second user account?: How do i remove shortcut from other users start screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user-account/93f15127-924f-43c4-81be-367a7c6d8a4f
  5. SECOND USER ACCOUNT

SECOND USER ACCOUNT: How do I remove an icon shortcut from second users account on the home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user-account/f596a990-b71c-4aea-adde-37f5faea7b43
  6. Accidentally created a second account

Accidentally created a second account: I purchased a new laptop and accidentally set up a second Microsoft Account using my gmail email. I forgot that my account was set up with an old email from a couple years ago. Everything is registered or connected with that old account. Now the new account is frozen for 30...
  7. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  8. Windows second account created

Windows second account created: Hello, yesterday when I booted up my PC, Windows tried to login to an account that I didn't create as shown on the image above. I don't remember creating an account, the only thing I did was to remove the password from my main account by typing netplwiz on the run box. Now...
  9. Unknown second user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...
  10. Create a second generic account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create a second generic account: I have created an account on this pc, password protected at sign-in, for administrative/personal use. Now I want to create a second generic account so others can use the pc, no password is necessary on that one. I had this before in Windows 7, but I am stumped how to do...