Windows 10: A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are three games that have been crashing for a while now on my PC. At first I thought it was just one but as I started playing the other games I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephLee9, Dec 29, 2018.

1. A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC

There are three games that have been crashing for a while now on my PC. At first I thought it was just one but as I started playing the other games I realised that they all have similar behaviour in crashes, and I can't find a solution for any of the games. All of these games will freeze for a second in game and then crash to the desktop. It happens randomly and can be after five minutes of gameplay or after an hour and a half.

I have tried clean installing my AMD drivers to the latest version a few times but it doesn't fix the issues. For some reason AMD Settings also seems to think that my driver version is outdated and that there is a new version, despite the current installed version being exactly the same as the 'new' driver version.

I have also updated Windows as people said that may fix the ntdll.dll issue but it didn't seem to stop the crashes for Civ VI.

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 3.40 GHz.

GPU: AMD R9 290 not overclocked.

RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz

An SSD and a HDD, tried Civ VI on both in case the HDD had an issue as some suggested online but the crashes still persist.

The first is Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Edition and I have no diagnostic information for this.

The second is Forza Horizon 4.

Event viewer shows this:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c0945e2

Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c0945e2

Exception code: 0xc0000096

Fault offset: 0x000000000385ffa2

Faulting process ID: 0x3cb4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d49f7f47c85554

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.228.387.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.228.387.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Report ID: ddbad294-4e7a-46bb-8774-7b27f56e3998

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.228.387.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

Diagnostic Data Viewer shows this:

ForzaHorizon4.exe

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.228.387.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Creation Time: 29/12/2018 14:21:21

Problem: Stopped working

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash

Package Full Name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.228.387.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Application Name: praid:SunriseReleaseFinal

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 5c0945e2

Fault Module Name: ForzaHorizon4.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5c0945e2

Exception Code: c0000096

Exception Offset: 000000000385ffa2

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: b25f7cfdbe3858c29a58b5366d69e7a7 (1898466488305182631)

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

This game similarly crashes very often like Forza does.

Event Viewer is pretty inconsistent about logging crashes for this, but this is one that did come up:

Faulting application name: LaunchPad.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c009843

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.194, time stamp: 0xe8b54827

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000faf49

Faulting process ID: 0x4328

Faulting application start time: 0x01d49ebbaa70c003

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\LaunchPad\LaunchPad.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 45dcb90a-6384-4a08-a7e7-9a9a695bd7d8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Diagnostic Data Viewer shows this:

LaunchPad.exe

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\LaunchPad\LaunchPad.exe

Creation Time: 28/12/2018 14:43:23

Problem: Stopped working

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: LaunchPad.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 5c009843

Fault Module Name: StackHash_9dff

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.194

Fault Module Timestamp: e8b54827

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: PCH_C4_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A01B4

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 49762782a467637a542ad4220fb8718e (1453207072538128782)

:)

JosephLee9, Dec 29, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 29, 2018
  4. A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC

1. A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - select few games

2. PC freezes and then crashes a few minutes after closing a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes and then crashes a few minutes after closing a game.: Hi. I've been having this issue for a little while now where when I close a hardware-intensive game on my pc, specifically games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Last of Us Part 1, it'll be absolutely fine for about 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes my video output will...
  3. PC crashes within a few minutes of opening a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes within a few minutes of opening a game.: Over the past few weeks, my PC has been crashing a few minutes into playing games.Everything works as usual, but when I open a game, within a couple of minutes my PC crashes. First, the signal stops going to the monitor, then every application crashes and then it stays like...
  4. PC crashes within a few minutes of opening a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes within a few minutes of opening a game.: Over the past few weeks, my PC has been crashing a few minutes into playing games.Everything works as usual, but when I open a game, within a couple of minutes my PC crashes. First, the signal stops going to the monitor, then every application crashes and then it stays like...
  5. PC Hard Crash While Playing Select Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Hard Crash While Playing Select Games: I have an HP Omen 40L-Windows 11-3080-Ryzen 7 5800X-32 GB RamLately last few days my machine has been restarting when playing a couple of games. Not all games, but some - most run just fine. Games that crash: Cyberpunk 2077, Atomic Heart Interestingly enough Red Dead...
  6. PC Hard Crash While Playing Select Games

PC Hard Crash While Playing Select Games: I have an HP Omen 40L-Windows 11-3080-Ryzen 7 5800X-32 GB RamLately last few days my machine has been restarting when playing a couple of games. Not all games, but some - most run just fine. Games that crash: Cyberpunk 2077, Atomic Heart Interestingly enough Red Dead...
  7. PC crashing in games after fixing a few parts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing in games after fixing a few parts.: So, about an hour and a half ago, i re-installed a back-tower fan, because the old one was covered in dust, then i cleaned the graphics card, wiped off one ram stick, and basically just took apart a few things to clean & re-install. afterwards, i decided to play Osu just to...
  8. PC crashing in games after fixing a few parts.

PC crashing in games after fixing a few parts.: So, about an hour and a half ago, i re-installed a back-tower fan, because the old one was covered in dust, then i cleaned the graphics card, wiped off one ram stick, and basically just took apart a few things to clean & re-install. afterwards, i decided to play Osu just to...
  9. PC crashing in games after fixing a few parts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC: There are three games that have been crashing for a while now on my PC. At first I thought it was just one but as I started playing the other games I realised that they all have similar behaviour in crashes, and I can't find a solution for any of the games. All of these games...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.sunrisebasegame

2. Exception code: 0xc0000096 WarGames.exe

3. faulting application name: forzahorizon4.exe version: 0.0.0.0

4. find microsoft.sunrisebasegame,
  5. launchpad.exe ntdll.dll,
  6. rocksmith 2014 compatibility windows 10,
  7. games crashing on windows 10,
  8. all the games are lately crashing on windows 10,
  9. Faulting module name: ntdll.dll version: 10.0.17763.292 time stamp: 0x7ded7809,
  10. Faulting module name: ntdll.dll version: 10.0.17763.194 time stamp: 0xe8b54827,
  11. game crashes in windows 10,
  12. windows 10 gpu crashing games,
  13. windows xp game crashing in windows 10