Windows 10: a series of questions

Discus and support a series of questions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't want to post in the simple q thread for the Week of May 17th because I assume that's outdated and going to become irrelevant any moment now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/colinjcole, May 26, 2020.

1. a series of questions

I don't want to post in the simple q thread for the Week of May 17th because I assume that's outdated and going to become irrelevant any moment now

i was waiting to post this in the new thread but a new one never came, so, here we go:

• On Windows 7, I was able to make my window colors a dark grey and the text color a light gray. Now I am limited to white windows / black text or the "Windows 10 dark mode" of stark-black windows and pure-white text. This is an awful dark mode. It seems like it's impossible for me to customize my settings, but I am wondering if that's still true.

• On Windows 7, I was able to make app windows semi-transparent and dark grey. Now apps have a big, thick window (bigger than I'd like, can I make it smaller?) and they are solid colors. Can I make them transparent again? This was the "Windows 7 Aero Theme," as I recall.

• Is there any way to restore a Windows 7-style start bar?

• What is the best way to customize the start bar? I will literally never use those "productivity" or "explore" tabs and would much rather replace them with pinned programs and folders. I also hate the idea of a dynamic start bar, I want the options for me to click to always be consistent.

• Can I pin programs to the start bar, or only the task bar?

• What is the best/quickest way to customize UI elements, from sound to visuals to design choices to default arrangements for folders?

• How do I choose which folders show up in the "videos" folder?

• How can I change which folders/files show up under "file explorer?"

• Whenever I plug in my PS4 controller, Windows automatically makes it the new audio input and output device, overwriting my previous defaults (of my speakers and microphone). How can I make this stop?
    submitted by /u/colinjcole
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/colinjcole, May 26, 2020

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 26, 2020
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 26, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

a series of questions

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, May 26, 2020
Thema:

a series of questions

1. a series of questions - Similar Threads - series questions

2. HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...: HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the computer. I have unplugged and restarted.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-6000-series-will-only-print-a-test-page/722a1e51-7392-4c89-b04d-22399ccd6470
  3. HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the...: HP Envy 6000 series will only print a test page and from the scanner, not from the computer. I have unplugged and restarted.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-6000-series-will-only-print-a-test-page/722a1e51-7392-4c89-b04d-22399ccd6470
  4. I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop: Hello,I used to be able to connect my xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop but cant connect it wirelessly anymore after the last windows 11 update. How can I fix this issue?...
  5. I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop: Hello,I used to be able to connect my xbox series xs controller to my asus rog laptop but cant connect it wirelessly anymore after the last windows 11 update. How can I fix this issue?...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Only Works When Plugged In PC: Holy **** I've never though I'd have so many freaking problems connecting a MICROSOFT DEVICE to a MICROSOFT PRODUCT.I have windows 10I have a fully bluetooth and wifi capable motherboardI have the xbox accesories app and I updated the firmwareWhen I pair it to windows, it...
  7. questions related ssd for laptop hp 15 da series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    questions related ssd for laptop hp 15 da series: laptop hp 15 da seriesis sata 3 interface necessary for my laptopi have purchase the wd ssd 240 gb today but its not sata 3 interface should i purchase the hp ssd...
  8. Troubleshooting question for win10 Xbox Elite Series 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting question for win10 Xbox Elite Series 2: Recently purchased the new elite controller, while in game or at during any application in windows the combination of A + left stick up/down controls volume. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Example during rocket league with controller quickly turns the volume up to...
  9. DDU question same series of cards upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DDU question same series of cards upgrade: Hey guys, hope you're all enjoying your holidays, I have been given a 1070 TI I currently have a 1070. So for a slight bump in performance I'm going to throw the Ti in my pc but just wondered is it best to run DDU and install the drivers from new or will the current drivers...
  10. Two Questions About AMD 5700 Series

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two Questions About AMD 5700 Series: After eight years I am in the process of putting together a new Ryzen 3rd Gen system. I have all the parts except monitor and video card. I have been well aware of the issues concerning the 5700 cards but since the release of the Adrenalin 20.2.2 these issues have been...