Windows 10: A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

Discus and support A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iocegueda, Nov 25, 2019.

1. iocegueda Win User

A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the default, which is "This account". Is there a way to keep it set to what I changed it to?

:)

iocegueda, Nov 25, 2019
  2. FAXA Win User

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default - Similar Threads - Service I've changed

2. How to change back to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change back to default settings: Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet explorer" my default to open the files. I didnt want this, how do i change it back??...
  3. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: BB xx Created on March 15, 2021 updates resetting changed defaults and settings the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to...
  4. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to edge and resetting my task bar items to ms apps, some of my installed programs have...
  5. Change default setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default setting: How do I change the default setting on the weather tile please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-setting/be9c01ab-63da-4000-96f3-d6bb0314bae5
  6. Windows 10 advanced audio settings keep changing back to default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 advanced audio settings keep changing back to default.: I have a GoXLR by TC-Helicon and I use it to allocate apps to different audio outputs. A lot of apps get reset back to default system audio on boot. Example, I have Google Chrome set to my "Music" output. Once I boot my computer, it still says Music but the audio itself will...
  7. Reset keyboard back to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset keyboard back to default: I have a HP2020 laptop running Windows 10. My keyboard shortcut keys don't work properly, i.e. when I press the Windows Icon + various keys, nothing happens. How can I reset my keyboard back to the factory default ?...
  8. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  9. changing default setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  10. Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defualt settings keep resetting to default....: I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set for the default PDF viewer and web browser. I've gone into default setting and I've changed my PDF viewer to Adobe and Firefox...