Windows 10: A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various...

Discus and support A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm logged into my computer as a user, and see my subdirectory under the C:\user directory, but more and more I no longer see the same named directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardBOne, Apr 18, 2021.

1. A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various...

I'm logged into my computer as a user, and see my subdirectory under the C:\user directory, but more and more I no longer see the same named directory under the D:\users directory. This first started back in January in various programs, but I could see my user directory with the windows file explorer tool. Today, when I used the windows file explorer tool, I didn't see my user directory under the D:\user directory.

However, I know that my user directory is there because if I type in my user name into the directory path input, my name is offered as a choice, and accepting it does display the directory and the subdirectories. Also, when I navigate down into these directory, I can read, write, create, and delete files and subdirectories without being prompted for access. Finally, in the windows file explorer, if I enable display of the the owner column, I see my user name.

This is increasingly this is becoming a problem in some programs, because when they try to access configuration information stored under the D:\users\username\... subdirectories, they can't find them.

I'm using the latest version of window 10 home. The programs that I'm having trouble worked fine in windows 10 last year. I'm using a very good, and upto date virus checker, which also looks for malware, and it doesn't find any problems.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you

:)

HowardBOne, Apr 18, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 18, 2021
  3. JE0005 Win User
    does file history include subdirectories?

Does Win 10 File History backup feature automatically include all subdirectories of folders that are added to the include list?

That is, if I specify c:\users\username, will all subdirectories under c:\users\username automatically get backed up? Or do I have to manually add each subdirectory?

JE0005, Apr 18, 2021
  4. A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various...

windows 10 missing D: drive

Original title: windows 10

I have installed windows 10 a few weeks ago and suddenly it does not see drive D: It lists only drive C: and DVD E: I have stoked up device manager and looked at disks, there is only one physical disk listed. I have all my data on drive D:

HELP!!!

Jean-ClaudeMagnien, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various...

1. A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various... - Similar Threads - several weeks ago

2. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  3. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  4. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i lost my d drive

i lost my d drive: my laptop come with a C: and D: but when i shutdown my pc my D: was missing pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-d-drive/b2aa63e0-8424-418c-980a-80a54c5d98bf
  6. I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window...

I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window...: I'm logged into my computer as a user, and see my subdirectory under the C:\user directory, but more and more I no longer see the same named directory under the D:\users directory. This first started back in January in various programs, but I could see my user directory with...
  7. Several issues since a week ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Several issues since a week ago.: An important thing: at december 4th my computer was updated, yes it was updated by windows update itself. That update corrupted a lot of files to the point that i couldnt even open programs that i had installed and also couldnt open windows defender. I fixed it by...
  8. HELP! I copied my user folder to my D drive, and then deleted the original.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! I copied my user folder to my D drive, and then deleted the original.: As per the title, I have a laptop with two drives, an SSD and a Hard drive. To free space on the SSD(C), I (stupidly) decided that moving the 50ish GB user folder to the D drive via copying, then deleting the origin in the C drive would work. I successfully copied most of...
  9. My D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive: So I was using my laptop and suddenly boom, my entire D drive went missing. Tried restarting and turning pc on and off and the D drive is still missing. Please help. submitted by /u/TheUniqueUsernameLOL [link] [comments]...
  10. remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt: Just did a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and under my user name is onedrive. I don't use it nor want it there. Do I just create another user name and then after it's set up delete the old one or HOW do I get rid of this folder set up? Thanks much, Suoe...