Windows 10: A shortcut to the shortcut wizard

Discus and support A shortcut to the shortcut wizard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi y'all ! I think we all know how to create a shortcut ? (Right click > New > Shortcut > Create Shortcut (wizard) But is there anyone out there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by altikaka, Feb 5, 2018.

1. altikaka Win User

A shortcut to the shortcut wizard

Hi y'all !

I think we all know how to create a shortcut ?
    (Right click > New > Shortcut > Create Shortcut (wizard)

But is there anyone out there who knows how to create a desktop shortcut to the Create shortcut (wizard) ?

Amongst all the wonderful pages on this site about Shell cmds, CLSIDs etc, surely there must be someone somewhere who can help ?

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

:)

altikaka, Feb 5, 2018

2. Install wizard will not place a shortcut to a web site I have downloaded on my desktop.

Hi Shirley,

We are glad to know that you were able to fix the issue on your own.

Thank you for sharing the resolution with us.

Ashwin V S, Feb 5, 2018
  3. Install wizard will not place a shortcut to a web site I have downloaded on my desktop.

Hi Shirley,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Does this issue persist in different browser?
    • Which application installation wizard are you trying to download?
    I would like to inform you that, if you are asked to save and run during download it will not save website, it will just download application installation wizard file. Also, it is the installation wizard that pops up that you get when you try to download
    any application, asking permission to save the file on the system.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 5, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

I don't know how to, but I'll pitch in to maybe see if someone knows a command line for opening this window:

A shortcut to the shortcut wizard [​IMG]

Maybe it could have something similar to this in the URL string: "ms-settings:"?

pepanee, Feb 6, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
  6. Try3 Win User
    I don't know either but you could create a VBS file to put on your desktop that would do the same job.

ShortcutCreator[lnk].vbs

Code: set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") strShortcutPathName = InputBox("Enter the full path and name of the shortcut [excluding its file extension]") set TheLink = WshShell.CreateShortcut(strShortcutPathName & ".lnk") strTargetPathName = InputBox("Enter the full path and name of the shortcut's target") TheLink.TargetPath = WSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(strTargetPathName) TheLink.Save[/quote]
    Where you see lnk, you could change that to url to make a url shortcut creator instead.

Denis

Try3, Feb 6, 2018
  7. Try3 Win User
    Or you could create a VBS file to put on your desktop that would do the same job and that could create either lnk or url shortcuts as you see fit on each use.

ShortcutCreator.vbs

Code: set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") ShortcutType = MsgBox("Do you want to create a link to a file or folder [an lnk file]? If you want to create an internet link [a url file] select No.",3,"Select which type of link you want") If ShortcutType = 2 Then WScript.Quit If ShortcutType = 6 Then strShortcutExt = ".lnk" If ShortcutType = 7 Then strShortcutExt = ".url" strShortcutPathName = InputBox("Enter the full path and name of the shortcut [excluding its file extension]") If strShortcutPathName = "" Then WScript.Quit set TheLink = WshShell.CreateShortcut(strShortcutPathName & strShortcutExt) strTargetPathName = InputBox("Enter the full path and name of the shortcut's target") If strTargetPathName = "" Then WScript.Quit TheLink.TargetPath = WSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(strTargetPathName) TheLink.Save[/quote]
    Denis

Try3, Feb 6, 2018
  8. altikaka Win User

Unfortunately there is no data I can find that gives me a filename, path or any other parameter that I can work with to find the shortcut wizard.
    "Create Shortcut" yields no results using various search tools and I am out of options.
    Hence the plea from the 'heart' !

altikaka, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A shortcut to the shortcut wizard - Similar Threads - shortcut shortcut wizard

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut: How can I create a desktop shortcut for a web page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut/f9eabd44-d418-4ac6-8d37-fe26e1335849
  4. Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut: How can I create a desktop shortcut for a web page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut/f9eabd44-d418-4ac6-8d37-fe26e1335849
  5. Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts: Is there anyway to restore shortcuts on desktop after accidently deleting cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts/81b505bc-c15c-4780-adf2-91bd99fdf622
  6. Shortcuts

Shortcuts: I am in Microsoft Edge and I want to create a shortcut of the website I am in. How do you do it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts/6c58e5de-0c35-4d55-be3f-fcf1a3338444
  7. Shortcuts

Shortcuts: I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and had a shortcut on my laptop for an app I used about 3-4 years ago in windows 8. My laptop filled with some old files so a started to delete some files. I deleted the file of the accounted app: after deleting the file, I looked...
  8. Shortcut

Shortcut: How do I install a shortcut icon on my screen for my printer/scanner? I'm not very techie so need a simple explanation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut/f2623f7a-bdb1-461b-a178-a81dbd2c1046
  9. [Shortcut]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Shortcut]: Thought I'd share this, since I've seen a lot of people asking for this. Win 10 now has a 'App Volume and Device Preferences' section to manually select the Audio Output driver for each program open. http://prntscr.com/p7woxy > Open Notepad > Copy the BELOW and save as...
  10. shortcuts

shortcuts: how do i delete desktop shortcuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts/dfb30d8d-8a30-463e-9935-bad13d55ea4a