Windows 10: A shortcut will not delete

Discus and support A shortcut will not delete in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded Roblox on my windows 10 and deleted it, but it shows Roblox Player and Roblox Studio on my desktop. When I right-clicked it to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AA_12345678, Jun 13, 2022.

1. A shortcut will not delete

Hi, I downloaded Roblox on my windows 10 and deleted it, but it shows Roblox Player and Roblox Studio on my desktop. When I right-clicked it to delete it, it said the shortcut was not located on my desktop, although I saw it there. Please contact me ASAP about a resolution to the issue, as I need it fixed very soon. I also want you to know that I am not 100% sure the Roblox thing on my desktop is a shortcut, although I am pretty sure it is. Also, if there is another way to contact customer service, through chat or call, please let me know by giving the link to the chat or the phone number, or

:)

AA_12345678, Jun 13, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jun 13, 2022
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.A shortcut will not delete :)

terrace, Jun 13, 2022
  4. A shortcut will not delete

"Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused A shortcut will not delete :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

A shortcut will not delete

1. A shortcut will not delete - Similar Threads - shortcut delete

2. Unable to delete a web link shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a web link shortcut.: I've been deleting a bunch of onedrive data in association to my college's account, now that I have completed the course, but I'm stuck with this random weblink shortcut:I hope someone can help me deal with this issue.The black bar btw is for the sake of hiding the...
  3. Unable to delete a web link shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a web link shortcut.: I've been deleting a bunch of onedrive data in association to my college's account, now that I have completed the course, but I'm stuck with this random weblink shortcut:I hope someone can help me deal with this issue.The black bar btw is for the sake of hiding the...
  4. How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?: When trying to delete some application shortcuts while running as a standard user, I receive a UAC prompt asking me for admin credentials to delete the linked program file rather than the shortcut .lnk file itself. e.g.How can I delete only the shortcut file?...
  5. How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?

How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?: When trying to delete some application shortcuts while running as a standard user, I receive a UAC prompt asking me for admin credentials to delete the linked program file rather than the shortcut .lnk file itself. e.g.How can I delete only the shortcut file?...
  6. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  7. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  8. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  9. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  10. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...