Windows 10: A simple batch file...?

Discus and support A simple batch file...? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, It's been a while since I delved into the depths of Windows - and long before Windows 10 - but I would like to write a batch file to copy files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nightowl4933, Sep 19, 2019.

1. A simple batch file...?

Hi,

It's been a while since I delved into the depths of Windows - and long before Windows 10 - but I would like to write a batch file to copy files from a folder on my Windows 10 PC to 2 separate folders - one on an SD card and the other on an external hard drive (I have my reasons!)

There are two complications:

The files an extension *.xyz and a backup of the same file has the extension *.xyx.backup (not my doing!) and I only want to copy the *.fra files.

The destination folders have sub-folders named similar to a date, eg "201905" for May 2019 and I would like to use the 'Date modified' value of the files to be copied to place them in the appropriate folder, eg filename1.xyz with a modified date of 12/12/2019 to be copied to the 201912 folder.

I thought Xcopy would be the way forward - and I can do the simple bit - but not with the complications above.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks A simple batch file...? :)

:)

Nightowl4933, Sep 19, 2019
  2. djmonson Win User

help with simple batch file

i want to create a batch file that will:
    move files from 'directory1' to 'directory2'
    if (and only if) the file DOES NOT begin with an underscore

anyone know how to do this??

David

djmonson, Sep 19, 2019
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 19, 2019
  4. A simple batch file...?

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

A simple batch file...?

1. A simple batch file...? - Similar Threads - simple batch file

2. Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File: Hi, I am trying to create a batch file to determine whether a user account is signed on.I don't have enough experience to get it to @Echo it worked. Any advice please.Batch file:REM Query whether user SBackup is active@echo onsetlocal enabledelayedexpansionset...
  3. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  4. Batch Files

Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  5. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  7. Batch File

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File: I need a batch file to create a folder with sub folders. The sub folders will be named the current date, they will go in a folder on c drive. For example we can call the folder test and it would be in documents on c drive. Every time we run the batch file it would create a...
  8. Looking to convert simple .batch to an .exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to convert simple .batch to an .exe: Ive searched and looked at several programs, but all websites look sketchy and dont appear to vet their files. Maybe I'm a little paranoid *Eek here asking for some recommendations. So....suggestions? 154741
  9. Simple batch file driving me nuts

Simple batch file driving me nuts: All I want to do is check if a folder exists on a network share and if it does, copy a file to it. Should be a piece of cake. Here is my code: Code: @echo on set "newFile=Just a test file.txt" set "hostTarget=\\Kfwserver\HP_D\ShowkeyPlus Data\" if exists "%hostTarget%" copy...
  10. batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    batch file: I want a BAT file to be executed when a USB plugged in to the PC. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file/1af5ec02-b6c8-4916-959b-ed0327a964e7"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. write filelist.bat

2. simple batch file to copy file