Windows 10: A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues

Discus and support A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was having issues with my Microsoft account on Windows 10 not being able to synchronize themes and settings. It looked like this: [ATTACH] After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NoticedMender75, Sep 5, 2019.

1. A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues

I was having issues with my Microsoft account on Windows 10 not being able to synchronize themes and settings. It looked like this:

A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues f85bd0ae-ec55-445a-8f3e-7738fcd2ce71?upload=true.png

After being unsuccessful finding a working solution from the discussions here, and preferring not to try anything risky on my own, I contacted Microsoft technical support to try resolving the issue. While the technician was very polite and made an honest effort to help, they ended up incorrectly determining that my user account was "corrupted", and attempted to fix it by creating a new user account and moving my associated files over to it verbatim from the old account. In the process, they attempted to copy my OneDrive shortcut over and it created major problems for me, where every file would attempt to run off the cloud instead of locally even after I'd specified that I want to keep and use local copies of everything, and it would take half a minute for each file to even give me a context menu when I'd right-click on it. To make matters worse, the syncing issue shown in my screenshot came right back after they'd already assured me that the original issue had been fixed and terminated the support session.

I ended up managing to resolve the original issue on my own, and since my PC was only just recently purchased, I opted to back up my essential files and do a full factory reset. Thankfully the OneDrive issue created by the Microsoft technician went away after the factory reset, and everything has worked fine since with my Microsoft account now syncing properly, after I discovered the actual source of the problem. My Windows 10 user account was never corrupted as claimed by the technician, it was a simple matter of incorrect system settings. In the screenshot that follows, I chose to link my account to a work account which is only meant to be used for email. In the process, it prevented me from synchronizing my settings and themes through my Microsoft account.

A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues d714cc8b-0e08-44c2-87b0-4ade63883258?upload=true.png

By disconnecting my work account, everything returned to normal and now I have this lovely healthy screen to show for it:

A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues 82a58ae1-bd37-4626-a122-33b8ea0d9697?upload=true.png

Note that my theme is set to change colours every so often, hence the colour discrepancies in the screenshots. So I just wanted to create this thread as a note to other Windows 10 users who may be having similar issues. Also when setting up Exchange accounts up in mail and calendar, the options in the menu for choosing whether to give your work/school account control over your PC vs only allowing it access to the mail and calendar app should be more clearly explained. Originally I didn't even notice the little option to only give it access to the app for email purposes, hiding shyly off in the corner. Pressing the bigger "yes" button causes your PC to automatically connect the unwanted work/school connection shown in my second screenshot.

And also if Microsoft technical support wants to switch the user over to a new Windows 10 account for some reason, they should be advised to avoid copying the OneDrive link verbatim if they don't already know not to do that. My PC recovery process after ending the support call would have been much simpler and easier that way.

:)

NoticedMender75, Sep 5, 2019

2. Email will not sync in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.

• Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues

Simple sound fix not simple, not a clear simple fix

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested in the drop down one by one and check.

Fix sound problems

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues

1. A Simple Fix for Certain Account Syncing Issues - Similar Threads - Simple Fix Certain

2. Fix One drive sync issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix One drive sync issue: Recurring Sync issues in PC. One drive icon shows RED CROSS MARK. Most of the file and file folder shows same icon. Few or many files are duplicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-one-drive-sync-issue/281e61bf-4303-4b2e-bb0b-cd930a858730
  3. Fix One drive sync issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix One drive sync issue: Recurring Sync issues in PC. One drive icon shows RED CROSS MARK. Most of the file and file folder shows same icon. Few or many files are duplicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-one-drive-sync-issue/281e61bf-4303-4b2e-bb0b-cd930a858730
  4. Fix One drive sync issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Has a simple fix been developed for "your account is managed."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has a simple fix been developed for "your account is managed.": Just started using Edge. Have "Your account is managed" message. Has a simple fix been developed? Do I need Firefox? I deleted google for this. Is my pc, no work, no domains, retired browsing old man. I am the only person using computer. Need fix in layman's language, please....
  6. Account Fix Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account Fix Issue: I have a user account that has developed a require "Fixing" issue. I can go to settings and go through the fix procedure but the "Fix" seems to last for one session. Please advise....
  7. Simple problem, impossible to fix.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple problem, impossible to fix.: I have sound blaster speakers a that connect via USB to the pc, the sound comes out the wrong side. No, my speakers are the right way arround i get the same problem when i connect my heaphones to the connected hub. I have tried re-installing windows, re-installing drivers...
  8. Simple questions, simple issues, no answers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple questions, simple issues, no answers: Hello. 1) Why all Microsoft troubleshooting utilities ends in errors? Nothing of built-in utilities never solved my problem. 2) Why do you shut down MS Store on W8.1 and it says, please try again later. Why it cannot say, Sorry, were closed forever? 3) Why is there such...
  9. A simple Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A simple Guest account?: Hi Guys, I've upgraded to Windows 10 and want a simple Guest account for visitors. The only add users options I have involve my visitors setting up email accounts, etc, which defeats the object of a simple Guest account. I've looked online and there are many...
  10. A simple fix for alot of Windows 10 issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A simple fix for alot of Windows 10 issues: Since Windows 10 came out alot of people have had issues concerning alot of aspects in Windows 10, i have been serving ppl as a free tech supporter and i thought to include some fixes here, alot of ppl are panicking, and avoid going to a service company for an expensive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stop sync history from linked account