Windows 10: a simple question about Factory Reset

Discus and support a simple question about Factory Reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have messed up some default permissions and paths... after trying bunch of stuff I was unable to change everything back to normal. So I'm going for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cr_Zero, Jan 7, 2021.

1. a simple question about Factory Reset

I have messed up some default permissions and paths... after trying bunch of stuff I was unable to change everything back to normal. So I'm going for a Reset.

If I choose Keep My Personal Data when reseting windows, what will be kept and what will be erased?

I'm mainly concerned about the User folder found in the system (C) drive since all my saves and some media files are stored in there.

submitted by /u/Cr_Zero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cr_Zero, Jan 7, 2021

2. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jan 7, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 7, 2021
  4. S_and_S Win User

a simple question about Factory Reset

how to do a factory reset

That depends on what you mean, exactly. There are several types of reset, because nothing about a computer is obvious.

The word 'factory' in factory reset leads me to think that you want to reset your computer to the way it was when it left the factory ... the way it was when you turned it on for the first time. If that's really what you mean, the computer manufacturer has
    detailed, step-by-step instructions right on their website. You just have to be sure that you're following the instructions for your particular model.

That type of factory reset, if it's what you want, has a big advantage over the resets that Microsoft offers: You have virtually nothing to do except for answering a few simple questions. No configuration decisions, no drivers to install, no Microsoft 'gotchas.'
    It's real easy, even if your computer is totally messed up.

S_and_S, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

a simple question about Factory Reset

1. a simple question about Factory Reset - Similar Threads - simple question Factory

2. About Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Factory Reset: I Just need to know that What happens when I do factory reset my PC? Does the Lisence of windows 11 which was free during the purchase of pc should be buyed now?Does factory reset cost me the microsoft home and student 2021 and windows 11?...
  3. About Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Factory Reset: I Just need to know that What happens when I do factory reset my PC? Does the Lisence of windows 11 which was free during the purchase of pc should be buyed now?Does factory reset cost me the microsoft home and student 2021 and windows 11?...
  4. About factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About factory reset: If my ldell aptop came with windows 11 pre installed but the service center downgrade it to windows 10. After some time i installed clean windows 11. If i do dell factory reset which windows i get windows 10 or windows 11??...
  5. About factory reset

About factory reset: If my ldell aptop came with windows 11 pre installed but the service center downgrade it to windows 10. After some time i installed clean windows 11. If i do dell factory reset which windows i get windows 10 or windows 11??...
  6. Question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Factory Reset: If I factory reset my computer will the data be lost on the same account of a different pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-factory-reset/5332ed5e-13b9-4e1d-aeb7-900f16571396
  7. Question about Factory Reset

Question about Factory Reset: If I factory reset my computer will the data be lost on the same account of a different pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-factory-reset/5332ed5e-13b9-4e1d-aeb7-900f16571396
  8. Simple question about Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple question about Wake On Lan: I'm in the process of setting up a Wake On LAN setup using an older pc and an external hdd to be used for backups and such. My question is, do both pc's have to be connected to a router by Ethernet cable? My original plan was to do it completely wireless, because stationed...
  9. Simple question about installing 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple question about installing 10: I just built a new pc and have a SSD and a regular drive. Everything is new. Will Windows 10 installer allow me to pick to install in on my SSD or should I unplug the other hard drive to avoid it going onto that one? Thanks! submitted by /u/Moldenkewillremain [link]...
  10. Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping"

Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping": I don't have photoshop, only MS Paint on my Windows 10 computer. I never photoshopped anything and have absolutely no experience in these type of things. I simply want to take two separate pictures of two of my dogs, and put one dog's head on the other dog's body. I want...