Windows 10: A simple way to repair your PC

Discus and support A simple way to repair your PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; NOTE: This is only for beginners who are new to Windows 10/8.1/8/other versions but you see too!, these methods are also for older versions of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MervinpaismakesWindows14, Sep 29, 2020.

1. A simple way to repair your PC

NOTE: This is only for beginners who are new to Windows 10/8.1/8/other versions but you see too!, these methods are also for older versions of windows eg; Windows 7

--------------------------------------------

Introduction

-------------------------------------------

Have you ever had some issues with windows? example, your favorite game may not work or your PC starts glitching Eg; desktop icons are gone and more? well, i will show you how to fix them with a few methods so your pc is working fine but these are not bug fixes so if you pc cant boot up...you will have to check somewhere else than here. So enough talking and let's start fixing windows

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT: Make sure you know what the problem is because it can help you identify the issue in detail

--------------------------------------------------Method 1 - sfc /scannow -----------------------------------------------

Step 1: Open the start menu and type in cmd

Step 2: Right-click on it and click "run as administrator"

Step 3: Once it opens, type in "sfc /scannow"without Quotation marks or this symbol "

Step 4: let it start scanning and DONT CLOSE THE COMMAND PROMPT

Step 5: Once done, check the result. If it says "Windows resource protection did not find any integral violations" then your good to go, but on the other hand its say that "Windows resource protection found some corrupt files but couldn't repair them" then you have an issue as now you know that there is something preventing the system from working properly. Now try out the second method.....

------------------------------------------------Method 2 - Dism commands-------------------------------------------

Step 1: Open the start menu and type in cmd

Step 2: Right-click on it and click "run as administrator"

Step 3: Once it opens, type in "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image/RestoreHealth"without Quotation marks or this symbol "

Step 4: Now this scan takes a long depending on your pc speed but just leave it alone for some IMPORTANT: DONT RUN/START ANY APPS WHILE RUNNING THE COMMAND AS IT WILL SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS

Step 5: When it finishes just restart your PC and it should fix all small issues

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, this fixes all your issue but if it doesn't try again and it might fix it and also, below are some information about these commands

------------------------------------------Extra info---------------------------------------------------------------------

About sfc /scannow - System file checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows made for repair system files, hence the name system file checker

About DISM command - it stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management

You can find more info at Microsoft docs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for seeing a beginner's guide to fixing windows. this my first time posting a discussions so thanks for viewing it :

:)

MervinpaismakesWindows14, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Necrofire Win User

Cool way to repair a laptop

That is awesome.
    Just wanted to mention, if you're gonna bake the whole board like that thread in jagd's post, I'd suggest putting some type of clay around the plastic parts, and maybe the capacitors too.

It looks like it didn't matter then, but I'd do it anyway.

Kudos to the copper core idea, thinking about repairing a 360 that way now

Necrofire, Sep 29, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

A simple way to repair your PC

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

A simple way to repair your PC

1. A simple way to repair your PC - Similar Threads - simple repair

2. Make a simple Payment to M is possibe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make a simple Payment to M is possibe: How do i find “MY ACCOUNT” ? This damn co. Is so confusing !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-a-simple-payment-to-m-is-possibe/cc4bacd5-d873-4bc9-ac43-5f74d89ba902
  3. Make a simple Payment to M is possibe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make a simple Payment to M is possibe: How do i find “MY ACCOUNT” ? This damn co. Is so confusing !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-a-simple-payment-to-m-is-possibe/cc4bacd5-d873-4bc9-ac43-5f74d89ba902
  4. Make a simple Payment to M is possibe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...: I Upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of months ago and am having issues with my PC freezing randomly, It happens when I'm barley using the PC such as looking for files, when I'm playing games after they were running fine and when I'm browsing with only a few tabs open less than...
  6. My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...

My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...: I Upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of months ago and am having issues with my PC freezing randomly, It happens when I'm barley using the PC such as looking for files, when I'm playing games after they were running fine and when I'm browsing with only a few tabs open less than...
  7. Simple questions and Help thread - Month of April

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple questions and Help thread - Month of April: Welcome to the monthly Simple questions and Help thread, for questions that don't need their own posts! Before making a comment, we recommend you search your problem on Bing and check if your question is already answered on our Windows Frequently Asked Questions wiki page....
  8. pc restarts randomly while simple tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc restarts randomly while simple tasks: my pc is randomly restarting while doing simple tasks like web browsing my system event viewer file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amt64jFJmKFMjgMjppI6hy4dEmXm?e=ktIGCj...
  9. pc restarts randomly while simple tasks

pc restarts randomly while simple tasks: my pc is randomly restarting while doing simple tasks like web browsing my system event viewer file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amt64jFJmKFMjgMjppI6hy4dEmXm?e=ktIGCj...
  10. Repair Simple text file

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair Simple text file: Hello and thanks for all the answers. At first I tried to open the text file with Notepad, results were giberish. Then I opened Word and tried to open the file from there, also the same results. But then I right-clicked on the file and in the sub menu there was an Open at...