Windows 10: A simple Windows photo import app?

Discus and support A simple Windows photo import app? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Is there a simple Windows photo import app that only import videos and photos from an certain folder or SD camera on a Android smartphone?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KenEkholm, Aug 23, 2020.

1. KenEkholm Win User

A simple Windows photo import app?

Is there a simple Windows photo import app that only import videos and photos from an certain folder or
    SD camera on a Android smartphone?

:)

KenEkholm, Aug 23, 2020

2. importing photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)?
    • Which app/program are you using to import the photos?
    • Did you try different USB cable to connect the iPhone?
    • Does it happens on all the USB port on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps if you are using
    Photos app to import the pictures and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 23, 2020
  4. A simple Windows photo import app?

Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Photos app installed on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Step 3: New User account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

You may also refer these articles for additional help:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Import photos and videos from phone to PC

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to leave a

Feedback
    for this issue and provide us the Feedback Hub link so that our developer team can look into this issue.

Steps to share the Feedback Hub link:

1. After submitting the feedback on Feedback Hub, go to the Feedback section of the app.
    2. Select the My feedback tab to see your feedback.
    3. Select the feedback and then click Share.
    4. Once you click on share, a link will be generated like
      https://aka.ms/*****
    5. Click on Copy link and then paste the link in your reply to this message.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

A simple Windows photo import app?

1. A simple Windows photo import app? - Similar Threads - simple photo import

2. Simple Photo Editor Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple Photo Editor Apps: Everyone knows that the new "photos" editor update is **** so I'm trying to find one similar to the one I used to use. Want I want is a slider that let's you brighten all the colors at once. There used to be one slider that did all the colors. Now you have sliders that do...
  3. Simple Photo Editor Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple Photo Editor Apps: Everyone knows that the new "photos" editor update is **** so I'm trying to find one similar to the one I used to use. Want I want is a slider that let's you brighten all the colors at once. There used to be one slider that did all the colors. Now you have sliders that do...
  4. unable to import photos into Photos app Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to import photos into Photos app Windows 11: HI,I submitted this on the feedback hub as a possible bug, but I'm hoping someone might have an answer here on the forum.I want to compare two photos side by side, which seems to be a feature of Photos in Windows 11. I have two jpegs in a folder. If I navigate to the folder...
  5. Importing Images to Photos App

Importing Images to Photos App: Winver: 1909 (18363.1256) I am new to Win 10. I want to import an image from the desktop into the Photos app to edit it, but can't figure out how to do so. 171083
  6. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  7. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  8. No import option in Photos App

No import option in Photos App: As it the title, I have no option import displayed in Photo App, has anybody experienced anything like that and know how to fix this? Thanks Adam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-import-option-in-photos-app/a5775f41-d8ba-487c-86a7-2b999ec1062a
  9. Photo app import issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo app import issue: When I plug my iPhone in, my computer usually tries to import all the images and video files from the iPhone irrespective of those that have been imported before. Sometimes it looks like it is trying to import broken images or corrected versions but turned upside down. I...
  10. photo app as no import button!!

photo app as no import button!!: Have just put windows 10 on my pc downloaded all updates up to 12th July 2018, found that there is no import button in the photo app looked in every folder their is just no way to import from any device I plug in..have also updated all drivers for my mobile devices. Have...