Windows 10: A 'sleep upgrade install' of Windows 10

Discus and support A 'sleep upgrade install' of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my friend's PC to Windows 10 just a few days ago. I told him instructions over the phone. Somehow, when Windows 10 was installing itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chinmay Krishna, Jul 4, 2020.

1. A 'sleep upgrade install' of Windows 10

I upgraded my friend's PC to Windows 10 just a few days ago. I told him instructions over the phone. Somehow, when Windows 10 was installing itself within Windows 7, his laptop went to sleep. He and I together weren't able to resume it. He forced a shut down by holding the power button for a few seconds and then he booted it up. To my surprise, it successfully upgraded itself to Windows 10 without any data loss. So should I download an ISO and run the DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /source:The ISO install.esd path and sfc /scannow commands?

:)

Chinmay Krishna, Jul 4, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

A 'sleep upgrade install' of Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

A 'sleep upgrade install' of Windows 10

1. A 'sleep upgrade install' of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 'sleep upgrade install'

2. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation: Hello My PC Sleep During Installation Of Windows 10 Update 22H2 Will That Cause Any Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-during-update-installation/c23009f4-d6f9-4b20-aa82-be058f9ebab4
  3. Windows 10 upgrades/installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrades/installs: Why do many/all support people on here give the same dialog for Windows 10 issues? The standard reply seems to be "clean install", no upgrade. All the people who do clean installs don't have any problems. This was the standard dogma for Windows versions prior to Windows...
  4. no Sleep/Hibernate option after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no Sleep/Hibernate option after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi, I used to be able to put my desktop to sleepor maybe it was Hibernate by doing either one of these things: A. press my power button --or-- B. click Sleep/Hibernate on the Start Menu to put my desktop to sleep. But after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10...
  5. A 'sleeping upgrade install' of Windows 10

A 'sleeping upgrade install' of Windows 10: I upgraded my friend's PC to Windows 10 just a few days ago. I told him instructions over the phone. Somehow, when Windows 10 was installing itself within Windows 7, his laptop went to sleep. He and I together weren't able to resume it. He forced a shut down by holding the...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade&install

Windows 10 upgrade&install: So i recently bought a windows 10 and idk how to upgrade it to it. My laptop has windows 7 and i would like to upgrade to windows 10. I think i need space but idk. How do i install it and if i need more space availible on my disc should i make a backup on a external hard...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade/install

Windows 10 upgrade/install: I recently purchased a USB copy of Windows 10 home to install on a laptop I received from a family member. However it appears that the Windows 7 that was on that laptop was "not genuine" somehow. And when I plug in my USB to try to start the upgrade process, it tells me my...
  8. Install & Upgrade windows 10

Install & Upgrade windows 10: [IMG]sir, how can i fix this problem. I tried to solve this problem using troubleshoot but not solved the problem and I also checked my hard drive and RAM but didn't slove it. Please respond me ASAP....
  9. Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode: Hi all Trying to install Windows 10 on system with 1,5 TB RAM ( yes a server with 4 CPUs ) but Windows trying to allocate HDD space even for sleep mode before installation. There is RAID0 with 1 TB capacity so i cant install it unless i provide more HDD space. let say im...
  10. Upgrading to windows 10/ installing

Upgrading to windows 10/ installing: Ok to give my situation my pc currently has 1tb hdd that has windows 7 on it along with games etc.. and another 1tb hdd with just games. i recently got a ssd and plan on upgrading to windows 10 now with it. if i were to just launch the iso or upgarde file that microsoft...