Windows 10: A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network

Discus and support A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier I could send and receive files through Blue tooth.But now after pairing am unable to and get the above message Windows was unable to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DalipSingh1, Sep 28, 2020.

1. A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network

Earlier I could send and receive files through Blue tooth.But now after pairing am unable to and get the above message Windows was unable to transfer some files. A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network.

:)

DalipSingh1, Sep 28, 2020
  2. TomCroft Win User

A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network. Bluetooth. Windows 10 1511 upgrade.

I get "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network" on my Visual Studio 2013 WPF Bluetooth application continuously on connect attempt after the 1511 upgrade. Why is it that EVERY TIME I get a Visual Studio or Windows update, something substantially
    changes for the worse. I have not debugged this yet, but why should I have to. It was working perfectly up until the 1511 upgrade last week. What's changed with the Bluetooth stack mechanism? Is anyone else experiencing this?

TomCroft, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Error message "missing registry socket"

Hi Harry,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu and type
      cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or cmd in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps suggested by

Suvarna Govinda
    (replied on February 16, 2016) and check if it helps.

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Sep 28, 2020
  4. A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as you are unable to connect to internet, we will help you with this issue.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you facing this issue on a wired network or the Wi-Fi?

• Is the computer connected to a domain network?

You may try to uninstall the network adapter driver, and then restart your computer and have Windows automatically install the latest driver.

Uninstall network driver.

1. Press
    Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

2. Select
    Device Manager.

3. Expand
    Network Adapter

4. Right on the
    driver and click on Uninstall.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    jtelliott94 on March 25, 2015 and check if
    it helps.

Refer: windows socket registry entries missing according to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all

windows socket registry entries missing according to diagnostics and internet no longer working at all

You may also try the steps provided in the following thread by
    Sachin Dhir replied on November 13, 2014 and
    Niranjan Manjhi
    replied on May 6, 2015 to a similar issue.

Windows sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing

windows sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing

Applies to Windows 10 also.

If the computer is connected to a domain network then
    I suggest you to post this query in following TechNet forum for better suggestion:

domain - Microsoft TechNet Search=

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network

1. A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network - Similar Threads - socket Operation was

2. unreachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unreachable: microsoft device won't allow me to access microsoft.com it states : This site can’t be reachedhttps://www.comed.com/ is unreachable.Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE why is this happening? I have cleared cache, history, reset modem and restarted...
  3. unreachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unreachable: microsoft device won't allow me to access microsoft.com it states : This site can’t be reachedhttps://www.comed.com/ is unreachable.Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE why is this happening? I have cleared cache, history, reset modem and restarted...
  4. Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...: I have a PC and a media server, both using Windows 11. I have the media server as a network location and also as a mapped network drive on the PC. If I click on it, it works absolutely fine without issue. However, if I turn off or restart my PC, the icon gets an X over it and...
  5. Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...: I have a PC and a media server, both using Windows 11. I have the media server as a network location and also as a mapped network drive on the PC. If I click on it, it works absolutely fine without issue. However, if I turn off or restart my PC, the icon gets an X over it and...
  6. WSL 2 apt says network is unreachable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WSL 2 apt says network is unreachable: I just set up a fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new disk. I then followedthis official guide for setting up WSL 2, and installed the latest Ubuntu 20.04 from the Microsoft Store. With this launching correctly, the first thing I tried was a `sudo apt update` so that I...
  7. Network Puzzle - Siite suddenly unreachable

Network Puzzle - Siite suddenly unreachable: I subscribe to a forum at My Football Forum - UK Football Forum Community which I have been using on a daily basis for the past two years. About 7 days ago the site became unreachable. I live in shared accommodation and there is a wifi service provided by the property...
  8. Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?

Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?: Hi. My brother in law has asked me if I can install broadband in his shed, he has shown me photos of the wired sockets he has but he is unsure what they are and I can't tell for sure from that pic. Could you tell me if that socket in the photo is for a ethernet plug or a...
  9. Devices on my local network unreachable

Devices on my local network unreachable: From a PC (called PC1 later on; running W10), I do not see other PCs or multimedia boxes connected on my local network. Using \\192.xx.yy.zz doesn’t work. From a W10 tablet PC (called PCt later on), I see other connected devices: Dune HD and PC1. From PCt I can even...
  10. File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives: Hi This is another FileExplorer crash post - however this one slightly different than others I could find, and the solutions for the others has not provided a solution either. Long story short - upon attempting file operations on mapped network drives - e.g. rename...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network

2. a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network bluetooth