Windows 10: A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop since 6/2016 no longer...

Discus and support A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop since 6/2016 no longer... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop that had been accessed successfully since June 2016 no longer opens up completely.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by R&Bneedhelp, Jan 27, 2020.

1. A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop since 6/2016 no longer...

A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop that had been accessed successfully since June 2016 no longer opens up completely. It flashes as if to open only to quickly

disappear.

Is it a software program problem, Microsoft, Windows or settings problem?

How can I get the software program to open up again like it used to?

The only thing that I think could have affected the software program if at all was that I had made some minor changes to the "Update & Security" settings as well as making sure that the Updates that were on standby were completed/finished.

Could that have caused the problem?

:)

R&Bneedhelp, Jan 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop since 6/2016 no longer...

Delta6326, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop since 6/2016 no longer...

1. A software program that was installed on a Windows 10 Home desktop since 6/2016 no longer... - Similar Threads - software program was

2. Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.: I accidentally deleted my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software. How can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-my-microsoft-home-and-business-2016/e545ec4b-7c46-48f6-8dc8-6bb1d55048da
  3. Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.: I accidentally deleted my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software. How can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-my-microsoft-home-and-business-2016/e545ec4b-7c46-48f6-8dc8-6bb1d55048da
  4. Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem installing software on Windows 10 Home Edition

Problem installing software on Windows 10 Home Edition: I work for a company with a lot of users working from home utilizing their personal laptops so we cannot control the version of Windows they have installed. We are using Talkdesk and Envision for them to make calls and record their calls Calls need to be reviewed due to...
  6. Problem installation with old software in Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installation with old software in Windows 10 home: Hi, I have a problem with old software. I have upgraded my HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 Home. Now I'm trying to install old software, but this is not possible. I have tried all the old compatible version but nothing. before I had it installed on my laptop. please help...
  7. Cannot install software on Windows 10 desktop

Cannot install software on Windows 10 desktop: I have been trying repeatedly to install a program called Camtasia on my Windows 10 desktop version 1909. I have been able to install this program on a Windows 7 desktop and a Windows 10 laptop. However, when I click the .exe file to install on my Windows 10 desktop, it...
  8. installing Windows 10 on home Desktop

installing Windows 10 on home Desktop: i have tried to install Windows 10 several times now and i get the same failure message.___The installation Failed in the Safe OS phase with an error during Replicate OC mode. what do I do ?...
  9. Sky sport no longer works since Windows 10 was installed

in Browsers and Email
    Sky sport no longer works since Windows 10 was installed: Since changing to Windows 10 I can no longer access Sky sports despite having legal access. It sometimes suggests I need to load java but the offering is through java setup which seems to be a virus? Any ideas - PS sorry about underlining not sure how to get rid of it 48872
  10. Office 2016 install fails on win 10 home

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 install fails on win 10 home: Hi, sort of newbie question...but can not solve!! I´ve got my new HP Laptop with WIN10 home factory installed installed . I´ve got my just burned Office2016 pro install DVD, which works like a champ on my old Win 7 laptop. Now, as soon as I try to install on the new...