Windows 10: A Solution for Windows 10 Update Service That Keeps Failing

Discus and support A Solution for Windows 10 Update Service That Keeps Failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! My name is Yusuf,Windows barely give us new cumulative updates for June 2021 and the common problems are "Windows 10 Update keeps failing". It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DoddiYusuf, Jun 22, 2021.

1. A Solution for Windows 10 Update Service That Keeps Failing

Hi! My name is Yusuf,Windows barely give us new cumulative updates for June 2021 and the common problems are "Windows 10 Update keeps failing". It happens over and over again. I experience it too, i did a lot of recomendations from internet such as doing some comand prompt coding things or even resetting my PC re-install Windows 10. But none of those are worked. Until i find out a solufion, a simple solution. You just need to "Change your power plans from power saving into balanced/high performance". And of course IT IS WORKING and my Windows Update service back to normal right now. You can

:)

DoddiYusuf, Jun 22, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 22, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Try this --> Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

If that fails... give this a go --> System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

95Viper, Jun 22, 2021
  4. A Solution for Windows 10 Update Service That Keeps Failing

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

A Solution for Windows 10 Update Service That Keeps Failing

1. A Solution for Windows 10 Update Service That Keeps Failing - Similar Threads - Solution Update Service

2. Windows 10 update keeps failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update keeps failing: Windows 10 Version: 22H2OS Build 19045.3758 update KB5033372 keeps failing. Seems to download fine then installs then undoes what it just did. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-keeps-failing/96691602-02e4-4b8e-9a11-71f518f245e9
  3. Windows 10: updates keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: updates keeps failing: Windows updates keeps failing, it gives this error codeFeature update to Windows 10, version 21H2Last failed install attempt on ‎6/‎27/‎2022 - 0x80242016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-keeps-failing/23f53b1f-ba34-4267-a98f-c590544fc824
  4. Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed: I have tried several possible fixes, like deleting the contents of the "SoftwareDistribution" folder, and scanning with command prompt, the scan did say that there were no errors/corruptions found. I believe I have enough space in my C drive too.I don't know what to do...
  5. Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed: I have tried several possible fixes, like deleting the contents of the "SoftwareDistribution" folder, and scanning with command prompt, the scan did say that there were no errors/corruptions found. I believe I have enough space in my C drive too.I don't know what to do...
  6. Solution for Windows 10 Update Service keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solution for Windows 10 Update Service keeps failing: [THIS A SOLUTION, NOT A QUESTION]Windows barely give us new cumulative updates for June 2021 and the common problems are "Windows 10 Update keeps failing". It happens over and over again. I experience it to, i did a lot of recomendations from internets such as doing some...
  7. Windows 10 Updates Keep Failing

Windows 10 Updates Keep Failing: I have a computer that currently has Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 with OS Build 18363.1440. Windows Updates has been trying to update to "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004" since November of last year. Additionally, "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" has...
  8. A Solution to Windows Update failing on older versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A Solution to Windows Update failing on older versions of Windows 10: I did a new install on Win 10 using a very old Windows 10 Pro image (last time I borrow something from my son). When it was done I wound up with V 1607 successfully installed (~2016) and I was able to Activate it. However, the "dastardly" Auto-Update feature was enabled, so...
  9. A Solution to Windows Update failing on older versions of Windows 10

A Solution to Windows Update failing on older versions of Windows 10: I did a new install on Win 10 using a very old Windows 10 Pro image (last time I borrow something from my son). When it was done I wound up with V 1607 successfully installed (~2016) and I was able to Activate it. However, the "dastardly" Auto-Update feature was enabled, so...
  10. windows 10 updates keep failing

windows 10 updates keep failing: Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4489899) - Error 0x800f0982 Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887) - Error 0x800f0982 The two updates above keep failing . How do I fix this?...