Windows 10: A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

Discus and support A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was bothered for an entire night, for my laptop won't go sleep even if I click the sleep button. The fans and keyboard lights were on and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bot._., Mar 2, 2019.

1. bot._. Win User

A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

I was bothered for an entire night, for my laptop won't go sleep even if I click the sleep button. The fans and keyboard lights were on and the screen turned on automatically from time to time. But when I unplugged the power, it slept normally.

After searching on the Internet for a while, I found that my PC actually went into "away mode" instead of sleeping.

Here is the solution:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiXRh0GUxxZrhzD7KM1FUNZyc_UK

(A .reg file and an instruction picture included)

:)

bot._., Mar 2, 2019
  2. blak bob Win User

after a clean install and updates, PC will not enter sleep mode/shut down.

My PC running on windows 10 will not enter sleep mode or shutdown following a recent update. After running a clean install of windows 10 with reformatted drives, the problem is still on going. which steps should be taken to fix this issue.

blak bob, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Sleep mode inconsistency

Hi,

To help resolve your concern regarding sleep mode issues, kindly refer to this

article

You may also run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Choose and run the Power troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 2, 2019
  4. A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

1. A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode - Similar Threads - solution still running

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  4. pc no video input entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no video input entering sleep mode: hello i have been having this problem this couple months when i play high end games my pc screen goes black and massage pops up no video input entering sleepmode i hear the game in the backround also pc fans start spining at max speed i turned off the setting where my pc...
  5. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  6. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  7. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. Dell Laptop running while in sleep mode

Dell Laptop running while in sleep mode: Apparently my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop began running while in sleep mode i.e. w/ lid closed. When I tried to logon this a.m., I became aware laptop was running at high speed, as if downloading a Windows update. I had to perform hard-stop to take control and logon. I...
  10. PC enters sleep mode while I play games

PC enters sleep mode while I play games: Hi, recently I had encountered a problem with my pc, namely when I play games it randomly enters sleep mode for some reason this doesn't happen while I browse the net. I tried it on 3 different games CSS, Team Fortress 2 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations and could only play a...