Windows 10: A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations

Discus and support A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I changed the SATA connections randomly. Full mirror backup with verification of the 31Gb system drive took five minutes and 5 seconds. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ineuw, Mar 12, 2021.

1. ineuw Win User

A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations

I changed the SATA connections randomly.

Full mirror backup with verification of the 31Gb system drive took five minutes and 5 seconds. The compressed file is 20Gb. Previously, it took 18+ minutes for the same operation.

Some helpful details.

* Write down the devices' boot order in the BIOS/UEFI
    * Using the free Macrium version.
    * Full backups always.
    * Source disk is a 120Gb SSD.
    * Target backup partition is a Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm.

This was a chance discovery. There are five connected SATA devices to the Mb and had to disconnect them to get to the sixth. Then, reconnected them randomly.

:)

ineuw, Mar 12, 2021

2. screen mirroring

Hi Hatty,

There is a way for you to control the remote screen whenever you are trying to mirror it from one device to another. To provide you an appropriate solution, please provide us the following information:

• Which device are you using to mirror on your laptop?
    • Are you using an app to mirror the device on your laptop?
    • Are you able to use your mouse and keyboard on your laptop even if you are not playing a game while mirroring it from a device?

If you haven't tried to use your mouse outside a game while projecting to the PC, you may follow the steps below to allow your mouse and keyboard to control the remote screen:

• Open Action Center.
    • Click the Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option as necessary.

Loraine Mon, Mar 12, 2021
  3. how Windows 10 mirroring using AMAZON Fire TV stick?

Hi,

Try this.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Action Centre.
    • Click on Connect.
    • PC will search and show which devices are available to mirror/cast.
    • Click on the device which you would like to mirror/cast.

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 12, 2021
  4. A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations

how to mirror windows 10 tablet to amazon fire tv?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Action Centre.
    • Click on Connect.
    • PC will search and show which devices are available to mirror/cast.
    • Click on the device which you would like to mirror/cast.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows. We'll be happy to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations

1. A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations - Similar Threads - solution slow Macrium

2. Looking for solution for screen mirroring on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for solution for screen mirroring on Windows 10.: I have two displays hooked up to my Windows 10 desktop. One is a regular monitor. Two is an USB touchscreen monitor that I have placed inside of a teleprompter. What I want to do is mirror the screen of the second monitor reversed so when it hits the teleprompter, it's the...
  3. A solution for a slow laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A solution for a slow laptop: I tried looking for solutions off the internet and asked "Windows Advisors" for help, but they just couldn't do anything and still, I've got the same problem. submitted by /u/mzosz [link] [comments]...
  4. All Solutions to slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Solutions to slow internet: Step 1 ---------------------------- Go down to your search bar and type "cmd" after right click "cmd" and run as"Administrator" Type these commands in. "ipconfig /release" hit enter "ipconfig /renew" hit enter "ipconfig /flush dns" hit enter "netsh winsock reset" hit...
  5. Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?: Hello. I don't know if I should buy Acronis or Macrium for my backup. I want to backup in the following way: 1 backup a week, incremental backup, keeping the last 4 chain of backup (so I want some sort of autocleaning for older chains). One backup job is in 2 parts, one...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring

Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring: I have reactivated a main drive from my failed machine. I want to mirror the critical files on that drive. I think I have a handle on the partitions, as I show below. My question is...is there a need to mirror any other / or all the other partitions besides then the G:...
  7. Solution to slow Windows at last

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solution to slow Windows at last: For years I have been watching the thread "Why is Windows so Slow". I have tried all the recommendations other than a complete reload of all programmes. My PC is a Lenovo Edge E520 which started life on Win 7. Performance was so bad that I ended up buying an Android Tab...
  8. Macrium image seemed slow

Macrium image seemed slow: I used Macrium (free) latest version tonight to create a full image of my C drive (Samsung evo SSD), 230 gb used plus the secondary mechanical I drive, 180 gb used. So about 410 gb in all to do the image from scratch. It took about 1 hour 50 minutes. The transfer rate...
  9. is this what a macrium reflect mirror image looks like when opened

is this what a macrium reflect mirror image looks like when opened: I've used macrium to create a mirror image on a backup drive (F) Am trying to determine if it came out okay. I opened up the file on the backup drive and this is what appeared Can someone please advise if this is what the macrium mirror image looks like when opened in...
  10. W10 macrium mirror to be restored on a smaller drive

W10 macrium mirror to be restored on a smaller drive: My Windows 10 Acer V5 laptop has a ~430GB drive (excluding the system and W10 recovery partition), and I am creating a Macrium mirror copy and saving on a borrowed external drive temporarily. My plan is to subdivide the drive with Minitool as 150 system partition 150 for...