Windows 10: A sound effect when I use ctrl+F?

Discus and support A sound effect when I use ctrl+F? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I use ctrl+F, a beeping sound effect plays. Does anybody know what's happening? edit: its stopped now, but I still wanna know what caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnalyticalJ, May 27, 2020.

1. A sound effect when I use ctrl+F?

Everytime I use ctrl+F, a beeping sound effect plays. Does anybody know what's happening?

edit: its stopped now, but I still wanna know what caused it.

submitted by /u/AnalyticalJ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnalyticalJ, May 27, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue A sound effect when I use ctrl+F? :p

cadaveca, May 27, 2020
  3. ylun Win User
    CTRL+F hotkey broken

Ah thank you very much, much appreciated! I can happily use CTRL+F again after following the instructions!

Okay so what I did:

1. Created a new profile by following steps in your link and logged into that profile after reboot.

2. Let everything load, then trying CTRL+F in this new profile, and that worked.

3. Logged off from the new profile, logged into my own profile.

4. Profit! It works again!

Does this mean that my own initial profile is repaired? I will try and see what happens when I remove the newly created profile.

5. After removing the new profile, the CTRL+F shortcut is broken again. So I guess that my own profile is still garbled. Any chance in repairing my profile without too much hassle?

6. Additionally, I have installed a language pack on my main (only) profile. The installation language was Dutch, but I prefer everything in English. In the Windows Login Screen I noticed that in the bottom right no language icon was available for the new
    profile, but for my own profile I could see the language icon "ENG" with "INTL" keyboard layout.

7. Redid the steps to add a new profile again. Reboot. Instead of first logging in to the new account, I logged in to my own account first. CTRL+F did not work. So logged out from my own account, logged in to the newly made account where CTRL+F did work.

8. Rebooting and logging in to the newly created account first to check if CTRL+F still works, it does. Then logged into my own account where CTRL+F still doesn't work.

4. A sound effect when I use ctrl+F?

Minimize sound effect not working

Hello Carl,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sound effect in minimized Window not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Did you installed any Windows Theme?
    • Did you make changes to audio wav files for default sound scheme?
    • Did you try assigning different wav audio to minimize?

Meanwhile we suggest you to go Control Panel > Classic items view > Sound > sounds Tab > Sound Schemes > revert to default and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 27, 2020
Thema:

A sound effect when I use ctrl+F?

1. A sound effect when I use ctrl+F? - Similar Threads - sound effect ctrl+F

2. When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...: When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in windows 10, but it's just working when i press keys from laptop...
  3. When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...: When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in windows 10, but it's just working when i press keys from laptop...
  4. When i change a sound in earphones using volume plus and minus button it's not effecting in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off CTRL+F exclamation sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off CTRL+F exclamation sound: Hello! How does one turn off the notification sound that occurs when you have a failed ctrl+F search? Currently I have tried Change System Sounds —> Sounds —> and then I selected “Exclamation”, set it to None, and applied the change. This did not resolve the issue and the...
  6. Turn off CTRL+F exclamation sound

Turn off CTRL+F exclamation sound: Hello! How does one turn off the notification sound that occurs when you have a failed ctrl+F search? Currently I have tried Change System Sounds —> Sounds —> and then I selected “Exclamation”, set it to None, and applied the change. This did not resolve the issue and the...
  7. Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound

Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound: Hi everyone, I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. Whenever I do ctrl+f and fail to search something on the page, it would play this annoying sound. The sound wasn't as annoying in previous versions of windows, but the latest sound is too annoying. I've looked on some guides,...
  8. Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound: Hi everyone, I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. Whenever I do ctrl+f and fail to search something on the page, it would play this annoying sound. The sound wasn't as annoying in previous versions of windows, but the latest sound is too annoying. I've looked on some guides,...
  9. CTRL+F doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL+F doesn't work: I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it, and all the keys definitely work individually (for example I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F just fine for some applications...
  10. Windows 10 and Ctrl + F

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Ctrl + F: In previous versions of Windows (or is it just the Firefox browser?), searching for terms (using Ctrl + F) in browsers was better--instead of searching solely for whole terms, it searched for anything you typed (e.g., while typing "eradicate", it would have found every "e",...