Windows 10: A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive.

Discus and support A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 version 1909 os build 18363.815. Recently I downloaded a exe file from internet for renaming Better File Rename 6.19.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mShahadat, May 4, 2020.

1. mShahadat Win User

A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive.

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 version 1909 os build 18363.815. Recently I downloaded a exe file from internet for renaming Better File Rename 6.19. It was zipped and i unzipped it using winrar and put those contents to "D:\00\" and one of the folder of the content was is in the name of "Better.File.Rename.6.19." and i installed it and now want I kept the zipped file and i want to delete the unzip contents of zip folder. All contents deleted except that folder. After applying several methods of deleting, I am unable to delete that folder.

method 1: I used 'unlocker' software to delete the folder and it says it will delete folder at next reboot. but it failed every time

method 2: using of command prompt. I used the following code to remove the folder

C:\WINDOWS\system32>d:

D:\>takeown /f "D:\00" /r /d y >out.txt

/---output of takeown in out.txt

SUCCESS: The file or folder: "D:\00" now owned by user "SHAHADAT\User".

INFO: The system cannot find the file specified. "D:\00\Better.File.Rename.6.19."

D:\>icacls "D:\00" /reset /t >out2.txt

/---output of icacls in out2.txt

D:\00\Better.File.Rename.6.19.: The system cannot find the file specified.

D:\>rmdir /q /s "D:\00"

/---output of rmdir

D:\00\Better.File.Rename.6.19. - The system cannot find the file specified.

Method 3: I entered to safemode of windows 10 and try to delete the folder

/---output of dialogbox

Item Not Found

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in D:\00. Verify the item's location and try again.

I did that everything from Administrator Account. but failed in every time.

Looking forward to your response.

:)

mShahadat, May 4, 2020

2. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, May 4, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 4, 2020
  4. RoboX Win User

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive. - Similar Threads - specific folder can't

2. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.: In Windows 10, how do I delete a pdf file from my external hard drive. I cannot move, delete or rename the file by conventional methods in Windows, nor in safe mode, nor by command prompts like del. I believe the file may have been synced to OneDrive because the same file was...
  3. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.: In Windows 10, how do I delete a pdf file from my external hard drive. I cannot move, delete or rename the file by conventional methods in Windows, nor in safe mode, nor by command prompts like del. I believe the file may have been synced to OneDrive because the same file was...
  4. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't delete system files from extra hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete system files from extra hard drive: I installed an extra hard drive in my laptop from an older laptop I used in 2020, I gave it to my little brother and installed Windows 8.1 on it in 2021, now I installed that hard drive on my laptop and I can't delete the system files. I've deleted most files, but I need to...
  6. Can't delete system files from extra hard drive

Can't delete system files from extra hard drive: I installed an extra hard drive in my laptop from an older laptop I used in 2020, I gave it to my little brother and installed Windows 8.1 on it in 2021, now I installed that hard drive on my laptop and I can't delete the system files. I've deleted most files, but I need to...
  7. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  8. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  9. Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive: Hello Everyone I am using WD My Passport External Hard Drive for a while now. Although i can store new files in when there is enough space in it . I can't remove old folder nor i can use repair because it shuts down while progress is still ongoing. Also everytime i stick...
  10. Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder: Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder My onedrive folder is synced on my hard drive. I can delete folders & files from the web but the files are neither automatically deleted--synchronized--with my hard drive nor can I manually delete them from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 delete a folder on an external hard drive and it comes back