Windows 10: A start folder disappeared :(

Discus and support A start folder disappeared :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_Mexigore [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gndny6/a_start_folder_disappeared/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Mexigore, May 20, 2020.

1. A start folder disappeared :(

/u/The_Mexigore, May 20, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

A start folder disappeared :( upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, May 20, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Disappearance of the list of folders.

Hi Thomas,

There are various factors why your folders may disappear. It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you allow someone to use your computer?
    • Have you tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried checking your Recycle Bin?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, May 20, 2020
  4. A start folder disappeared :(

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 20, 2020
Thema:

A start folder disappeared :(

1. A start folder disappeared :( - Similar Threads - start folder disappeared

2. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  3. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  4. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disappearing folders

Disappearing folders: My works files in windows 10 disappeared in my Toshiba laptop. I have searched other folders. no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-folders/77cd9404-d78c-4c64-b5c1-85cd958cb398
  6. Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears: I like to have the OneDrive folder pinned to my start menu. However, it constantly disappears and must be re-pinned. This has happened for years on multiple pcs and is remarkable frustrating. I don't even know if there will ever be a fix for this. It just seems like something...
  7. Disappearing Folder

Disappearing Folder: Has anyone double clicked on a folder and have the folder and its contents disappear from the computer - did not go to recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-folder/1886209e-a577-4cfc-8831-540e43bb93ae"
  8. Folder disappeared

Folder disappeared: A folder I was working on suddenly disappeared. Please help how I would prevent this from happening, and how I recover it. Before it's asked, as I have seen many Microsoft personnel ask in response to this exact question, the file is not hidden. It has disappeared. I cannot...
  9. Icons and Folders Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Folders Disappear: This issue just happened twice in the last week. Did a search and there were very old threads related to this but none of the fixes worked. I image my C drive every other day so it only takes about 3 mins to restore, but that's not the point. All the icons on the desktop and...
  10. Folder titles disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder titles disappear: One feature of my recently installed PC with Win 10 (replacing 15 years with XP) is this light-grey-on-white title text for inactive folders. It's not doing my eyesight any favours. But worse, it disappears altogether here after some time, maybe 15 mins. [img] Do...