Windows 10: A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar

Discus and support A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. After installing the latest update on one of my machines, the Desktop toolbar was found missing from the Taskbar. Adding it again doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goopy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. goopy Win User

A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar

Greetings.
    After installing the latest update on one of my machines, the Desktop toolbar was found missing from the Taskbar. Adding it again doesn't seem to work as it would disappear upon rebooting. The other machines were fine. Appreciate any kind assistance to resolve this strange issue.
    Many thanks and best regards,

:)

goopy, Jan 2, 2020
  2. No Jo Win User

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Tan DJ Win User
    Strange new Toolbar

What the...?!?

I just noticed down near system tray the word "Blaster".

Clicking on it did nothing, it had no menu's related to it, but when I right clicked on the taskbar and selected the "Toolbars" option, there was a "Blaster" entry down the bottom that had a tick next to it. When I then selected this "Blaster" entry, it disapeared off the task bar, and now when I go to the Toolbar's menu, the "Blaster" entry is not there. *Confused A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar :confused:

What the heck's going on here?

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I'd include a screen dump, but it's not there anymore!

Cheers,

Tan DJ

Tan DJ, Jan 2, 2020
  4. No Jo Win User

Non-System Toolbars are missing from the Taskbar.

Every time I reboot, my own Toolbars (folders containing shortcuts) disappear from the Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803. The Language Toolbar is the only one there following a reboot. Other (viz Desktop, Links, Office16 and New Toolbars) have to be re-added as
    Toolbars. I'm not referring to pinned icons.

v1709 was OK.

No Jo, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar - Similar Threads - strange case missing

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. windows 11 "Toolbar" is missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 "Toolbar" is missing from the taskbar: This Toolbar provided an immediate personally organized access to all my important folders - business, family, financial, entertainment etc., etc.,etc.,etc.,...removing such a useful tool was definitely not an improvement of Windows 11!... Put it back please Microsoft - Today...
  4. windows 11 "Toolbar" is missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 "Toolbar" is missing from the taskbar: This Toolbar provided an immediate personally organized access to all my important folders - business, family, financial, entertainment etc., etc.,etc.,etc.,...removing such a useful tool was definitely not an improvement of Windows 11!... Put it back please Microsoft - Today...
  5. Help! Strange mysterious box appear in destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! Strange mysterious box appear in destop: Lately, i happened to have a strange box hidden under my recycle bin icon. I happened to noticed it when i changed my destop background. I dont know what is it. But it got named as Main Window. I did make a clean install of my window but it still appear as the imaged i...
  6. Strange case of the missing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange case of the missing icons: A very odd phenomena in Windows 10 Pro Desktop... All icons at a frequently visited forum WEB site revert to placeholders. This is very recent. Three different browsers do the same, yet on a Laptop the icons remain. Restoring a Desktop PC system image from a time when...
  7. The Strange Case of the Missing Pause Feature Update Setting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Strange Case of the Missing Pause Feature Update Setting: This has been discussed in another thread, but I came across some strange issues with this in trying to get the "Pause Feature Updates" setting to come back after the update to v1903. There appears to be three different methods (if you have Win10 Pro) of setting this pause...
  8. Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have just updated to Version 1809 (Os Build 17763.1). The Address Toolbar in the Taskbar , which I use very often, now displays the input text the same colour as the box background - so I can't see what I'm typing. I can fix it for the duration of...
  9. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  10. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...