Windows 10: A strange connection problem

Discus and support A strange connection problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently when I my pc connects to the house wi-fi the quality of the connection gets worse by a lot, when I try to do a speed test using only my phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMmen, Nov 20, 2020.

1. A strange connection problem

Recently when I my pc connects to the house wi-fi the quality of the connection gets worse by a lot, when I try to do a speed test using only my phone the ping and the download speed remains normal, but everytime my pc connects to the wi fi the ping skyrockets and the download speed gets worse by a lot, anyone knows whats happening?

submitted by /u/TheMmen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMmen, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Sambat Win User

Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

A strange connection problem [​IMG]

Sambat, Nov 20, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, Nov 20, 2020
  4. A strange connection problem

Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

A strange connection problem

1. A strange connection problem - Similar Threads - strange connection problem

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Very strange Connection Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange Connection Problem: Hi all, This is a wierd one so bear with me :] A couple of minutes after booting the pc websites will no longer load. Except for Google and Youtube - it will search but when I click on the links it won't work. I can ping all other websites just fine they just wont load in...
  6. Strange network connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange network connection problem: In my workplace there are four computers, namely A, B, C and D. Computer A connects to B and C, but cannot connect to D. Computer B connects to C and D. Computer C connects to B and D. Computer D connects to C and B. Computer A runs windows 10, others run windows 7. All...
  7. Strange Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Mouse Problem: I've solved this problem but thought I would post in case anyone has similar issue. I had a problem with my desktop PC where menus didn't respond to mouse commands and the PC didn't respond to the keyboard arrow keys after pressing Ctrl / Alt / Delete. I changed the mouse...
  8. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...
  9. Strange problem with menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with menus: Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar just keep scrolling round and round. Does that make sense? its driving me mad. 97919
  10. Help with a strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a strange problem: Hi everyone, I have this problem: [img=http://s14.postimg.org/6vteszwf1/Info.jpg] This situation is similar, but to me doubled the directory “downloads” [Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer - AskVG The error was caused today,...