Windows 10: A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar

Discus and support A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if it's something serious, so I thought I'd try to ask It started when I clicked on the search box and it was loading for a while due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mackelowsky, Feb 22, 2023.

1. A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar

I don't know if it's something serious, so I thought I'd try to ask

It started when I clicked on the search box and it was loading for a while due to some error, but for a few seconds some strange text popped up that looked like some kind of file name (I think the title started with "2022" and then there were also some strange words), after the search box loaded, the text disappeared after a while

Anyone know what it could have been? I searched for it on the Internet but didn't find anything either

submitted by /u/Mackelowsky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mackelowsky, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Feb 22, 2023
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Firefox Search Box Text

In previous versions of Firefox, I was able to find the option to disable the browser from showing previously entered text into a search or text box. For example, the User Name box on this forum, I type "O" and OrbitzXT pops up. Other text in other search boxes has been popping up as well. I am using Firefox 3.6, I've tried clearing histories and such and it still remembers text in the boxes. Any ideas how to disable this? I don't see any such option in Tools -> Options.

OrbitzXT, Feb 22, 2023
  4. A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar

No search box on taskbar A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar

1. A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar - Similar Threads - strange text appeared

2. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  3. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  4. Abnormal appearance of the search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  5. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  6. Search box on taskbar

Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  7. Strange icon appeared in taskbar

Strange icon appeared in taskbar: A strange item has appeared in my taskbar. When I click on it, it does nothing. It always has the line underneath which appears when a program is open. When I right-click it, the only option is close window. When I choose that nothing happens. Any clue what it may be? Thanks!...
  8. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  9. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"
  10. Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D: When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch. Here are the steps I'm taking: 1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D" 2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again....