Windows 10: A strong security suggestion/recommendation

Discus and support A strong security suggestion/recommendation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For anyone who has not done this, already, you are, certainly, urged to do it. > Settings > Windows Security > App & browser control ...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Drew1903, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Drew1903 Win User

A strong security suggestion/recommendation

A strong security suggestion/recommendation 00fb2e88-2ff5-432c-bf35-909e5faf9d70?upload=true.jpg

For anyone who has not done this, already, you are, certainly, urged to do it.

> Settings > Windows Security > App & browser control ... scroll down to Isolated browsing

Click on Install Windows Defender Application Guard.

In the resulting dialogue window scroll down to Windows Defender Application Guard. Put a check A strong security suggestion/recommendation 72943a2b-f96f-4787-99f5-6cbb8c27ae69?upload=true.jpg in its box and hit OK... that will immediately be followed by a window asking to Reboot Now or Later (to complete). Reboot.

Cheers,
    Drew
    A strong security suggestion/recommendation 23c28513-d6f1-4d8e-8be6-43e48e29ec46?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Oct 3, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 3, 2019
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. A strong security suggestion/recommendation - Similar Threads - strong security suggestion

2. Windows Security - Actions recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  3. PC Security Recommendation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Security Recommendation: A few security questions: 1. If I password protect a Word document can a hacker get to it?2. Can a hacker get to my computer when it's in sleep mode? 3. Do I need a "third party" password protection program or what do you recommend as "acceptable" security for my pc? I have a...
  4. PC Security Recommendation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Security Recommendation: A few security questions: 1. If I password protect a Word document can a hacker get to it?2. Can a hacker get to my computer when it's in sleep mode? 3. Do I need a "third party" password protection program or what do you recommend as "acceptable" security for my pc? I have a...
  5. Internet Security Recommendation

Internet Security Recommendation: I have been using Norton Internet Security 360. 1. I have asked ITs and technicians about what I use, non seem to recommend Norton 360. What would any of you recommend, with price in consideration? I have a desktop and a laptop I really need to protect. 2. We have two MacBook...
  6. windows security-action recommended

windows security-action recommended: why does my windows security inform at least once or twice a week-action recommend. i respond by trying to do a short scan but the recommendation remain the same help...
  7. How to create strong, secure passwords by learning how to crack them

How to create strong, secure passwords by learning how to crack them: We'll show you how passwords are cracked and even how to do it yourself, so you can see exactly why a strong password matters. As our brief foray with a cracking tool will show you, your only protection against a determined password-cracker isyou guessed ita long, complex...
  8. security icon, actions recommended

security icon, actions recommended: since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended. when i open the security dashboard all icons virus protect, account, firewall/netwok, app browser control, device security and performance and health are all...
  9. Strongly Recommended for 1809!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strongly Recommended for 1809!: Just thought I would mention/remind that you can nicely learn all the is new, changed & or improved in 1809 using Tips! This offers a great way to, quickly & easily right w/in your OS, access How, What, Where & just everything about your Windows 10, as it now is, w/ the...
  10. Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There a Program To Look At Event Log & Recommend Suggestions Errors: So my event log is showing way too many errrors and warnings. I do not begin to understand what any are. I am not really looking forward to reformatting & reinstalling. Is there any program/software that would scan and organize them possibly offering fixes/help? 97357