Windows 10: A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program

Discus and support A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, So this will sound stupid and is stupid, but a friend of mine agreed to open a program I created on his computer that creates 100K directories... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StrikingLifeguard, Dec 8, 2020.

1. A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program

Hello,

So this will sound stupid and is stupid, but a friend of mine agreed to open a program I created on his computer that creates 100K directories to see what happens. The outcome is empty desktop crashing over and over again even after a restart.

Do you have any solution in your mind rather than factory reset?

submitted by /u/StrikingLifeguard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StrikingLifeguard, Dec 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Rockman. Win User
    internet explorer doesn´t load any page

I tryed all 3 methods but got no success.

The funny thing is that IE is working fine on a new created test account (like method 3 suggests) but after this I switch back to my account and confirm IE is useless.

In sum IE not working on my account which is the admin one, but it is working on other accounts I create.

Doesn´t make sense to me...

Rockman., Dec 8, 2020
  4. 3870x2 Win User

A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program

LDAP Directory Program

I have been contributing to the TPU community for some time now, and it is time for the community to help me a bit!

I have developed an LDAP Directory program that needs to be tested. This program is in what you would call an Alpha phase, but very close to actual production.

To Do:
    v1.0 - release bug-free with minor cosmetic / functional changes.
    v2.0 - release with the ability to edit the LDAP entries.
    v3.0 - possible directory browser instead of manually entering information

This program was created with C#. The code has not been cleaned up yet, but when I get to it, I can release the source. The external directory used is a free directory developed by (c) 2003 Novell, Novell.Directory.Ldap.dll. Examples for entering in the LDAP information is already in the fields under Edit Query, and saved in Ldap.dat.

What I need right now is for people to test the program against their LDAP directory (this should be universal I hope) and return with the following:

- Questions
    - Errors / Conflicts received
    - Criticism on only the difficulty of use (for now)

This has only been tested on the following:

Novell LDAP directory (complete coincidence for the Novell library usage)
    Windows XP SP3
    VMWare virtualized servers using w2003

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60875533/LDAP.zip

If you helped, let me know, you will be credited in the "Special Thanks!" section of the Readme.

Spoiler: Pictures
    A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program mainProg.png

3870x2, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program

1. A stupid move - desktop doesn't load due to creating 100K directories using a C# program - Similar Threads - stupid move desktop

2. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  3. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  4. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...: Hi I have set myself as an administrator, I have ran the Command Prompt, I refreshed the pages, but it still wont let me extract the folders from the .exe folder, and it always says"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...
  6. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...

Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...: Hi I have set myself as an administrator, I have ran the Command Prompt, I refreshed the pages, but it still wont let me extract the folders from the .exe folder, and it always says"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...
  7. OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????: Why on earth does OneDrive on factory default windows move the desktop from c:\users into a OneDrive folder? If you are going to force the default OneDrive setup to make users do a desktop backup, surely MOVING their desktop directory is the most braindead possible way of...
  8. OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????

OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????: Why on earth does OneDrive on factory default windows move the desktop from c:\users into a OneDrive folder? If you are going to force the default OneDrive setup to make users do a desktop backup, surely MOVING their desktop directory is the most braindead possible way of...
  9. Desktop and Programs won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and Programs won't load: I'm nit sure how to explain this, when I log in which takes much longer than usual the taskbar and start button loads, but nothing else does, even programs. I can restart my PC from Ctrl Alt Del and managed to enter safe mode, but I have the same problem there.[IMG]n...
  10. Moving, deleting, creating files / directories takes forever.

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving, deleting, creating files / directories takes forever.: Good day / night, I noticed that my computer takes forever to do any kind of operation on files and directories (except editing content which is done in a separate process). I believe the problem to be the windows explorer simply because I tried moving and deleting files and...